What about NeoRageX?

montpics

Zach

So just add the last non-hacked version, we've got tons of other "not the best" emulators available here, I don't see why this should be any different.

Either that or someone should be committed to taking down other "old crappy not xp" emulators such as Nesticle, etc.. You can't have it both ways if you are going to inject logic along the lines of hacked up / OS compatability issues

Last edited:

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I'm starting 2 wonder whether anything after 0.6c can actually be called a 'hack'. Since its made so much advanceses and improvements in NeoRageX 5 that its more NeoRageX 'Plus' or 'Advance'. Even thou it started as a hack...

montpics

I'm starting 2 wonder whether anything after 0.6c can actually be called a 'hack'. Since its made so much advanceses and improvements in NeoRageX 5 that its more NeoRageX 'Plus' or 'Advance'. Even thou it started as a hack...
Simple, there is not official word given (from the authors) that NeoRageX had been passed down to someone who have the previleges to do the coding. Instead, not only one person, lots of persons tend to modified into one of their own without the authorization from the 'REAL' authors in order to do so. It's been a real shame that because of that, they stop their development for good.

Note : There's a lot of hacks relating to NeoRageX and none of them is the very same one. Can you find which one is better? None, I guess. :cool:

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Ok, but they kinda had to hack it after the original authors stoped. Does it stil get called a hack if they give their emulater a diffrent look and feel? And NeoRageX 5.0 (hacked) is better than the old and original NeoRAGE 0.6c

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
And when you think about it, how many people REALLY (and by that I mean legaly) have the roms they play with NeoRage... I bet you that evn the original authors of Neorage had some.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I might be able to have some time to spare this weekend in order to add a few emulator entries to the site. Everyone is free to post a few suggestions which will be taken into consideration if I end up adding any emulators.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I vote for Haze MD (sega mega drive) and Xebra (sony ps1)... and as for NeoRageX I still think its worthy, but I can see you dislike it... alot...

Last edited:

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Hey so what emulators are you adding to the site? Or didnt you have enouf free time...

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Haze MD will be added. The problem however is that at this moment accessing the official site is impossible. This could probably be a problem of my isp so I'll have to wait for a few hours before adding it.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Mameworlds .info domain is down, something about fed up hosts... And I think the author of MAME32 FX also has a 'customized' version of HazeMD. So no Xebra?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
And I think the author of MAME32 FX also has a 'customized' version of HazeMD.

Yep, and there is also another build on the MAME Plus! site. It would be nice if these would also be added, since they offer more functionality and are both 'legal', since they both also post the source.

montpics

Thanks man... so I take it no Xebra..? and no NeoRageX..?
Stop 'whining' the very same thing every day. Please let the Lefty take some time before he really changes his mind for not uploading both emulators for you! :glare:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
NeoRageX? Never!

Spreading the use of that emulator only helps spread "bad" romsets. I don't plan to help do that...

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Stop 'whining' the very same thing every day. Please let the Lefty take some time before he really changes his mind for not uploading both emulators for you! :glare:
i dont do this for myself! I try and help the site! Now i have something to fucking 'whinning' about...