[pics] bought a new car

Zach

And there are PLENTY of cars from that era without powersteering as stock.

I, however, do not know when the first Vet came around

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
You lost me there.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by ScotchGuy+Apr 17 2004, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScotchGuy @ Apr 17 2004, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neco@Apr 16 2004, 11:11 AM
I'm not a gearhead

so fucking sue me
Pfft, neither am I, but I at least know that power steering was invented some time around the 50's or 60's. [/b][/quote]
Are you suggesting that all cars since then have had power steering? Even I know that's complete nonsense.

Motoko

My 1993 Ford Fiesta didn't have power steering.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by Lemon+Apr 17 2004, 02:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lemon @ Apr 17 2004, 02:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ScotchGuy@Apr 17 2004, 02:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Neco
@Apr 16 2004, 11:11 AM
I'm not a gearhead

so fucking sue me

Pfft, neither am I, but I at least know that power steering was invented some time around the 50's or 60's.
Are you suggesting that all cars since then have had power steering? Even I know that's complete nonsense. [/b][/quote]
Uh...... errr, no!

But, I think most were, most. Ahh, yeah/ A lot anyways, but I've seen some that are not, I think.

I drove my grandma's lawn mower and it didn't have power steering, it was hard to drive.

J

Jet Set Willy

Most didn't. My brother in law buys a new car practically every month, and bores me with the details. He's been through a million Fords, Jags, Mercedes, etc. over the last 10 years, and a lot of them did not have power steering.

Badger

Na the older muscle cars were shit handling because they were so badly balanced I guess. Probably about 80% of the vehicles weight was over the front wheels. The 82 corvette I got to drive fish tailed out of corners far to easily, and constantly needed corrected in corners, mind you I dunno if they were designed for driving down gravel roads at speed and the fact it was automatic didn't help much, but it was an experience. It was great in a straight line though. The newer corvettes look to be more balanced cars.

As for power steering, I think nearly ever new car sold in britain has power sterring, but its only became standard equiptment in the last 3-4 years.

10-15 years ago, you would be lucky if half of new cars sold ad power steering and 20 years ago, it would only of been luxury cars, and flagship models that would of had it.

Motoko

Wasn't power steering made firstly for lorry drivers? You know, needing help moving the wheels on a 100000 tonne veichle.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Motoko@Apr 18 2004, 05:45 AM
Wasn't power steering made firstly for lorry drivers? You know, needing help moving the wheels on a 100000 tonne veichle.
probably for back then. but people are so lazy nowadays that they need power steering on their 1 ton cars

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Neco@Apr 18 2004, 05:14 PM
Power Steering was inevitable, given the way black people drive..
black people dont need power steering; theyre all so damn jacked, they dont need help turning their steering wheels

Zach

Point is they are dangerous enough when they HAVE the level of control over their car that we have today