[pics] bought a new car

Nick

It ran from 1982-1986. Yes, sort of before your time.

Did anyone watch Thunder in Paradise?

J

Jet Set Willy

Surely the repeats aren't before his time though. Knight Rider is often on in England, so I imagine it's aired moreso in America.

Does this mean nothing to you?

best_picture_ever.jpg

TGS

Love the hair.

El Fugitivo

I haven't seen Knight Rider on TV here since the mid 90's. It might be on TV Land or SpikeTV, because I've seen MacGyver on both, and it's from about the same time period.

Nice car. I'm not really wild about modern vettes, but it's probably a much better ride and more economical (gas mileage and general upkeep) than a Sting Ray.

Do you have to have a front license plate in Illinois? I know some states let you get away with only one plate.

Badger

You finally got your corvette then Daniel. Its a cracker.

Got a new car not long ago myself. A V6 Vectra. The big 2500cc engine is a killer on fuel though (30-35mpg but, we pay about $8.50 a gallon) , but with some better cams (out the 3.0 V6), it will be good for 215bhp, which is a pretty good power to weight ratio.

pimp.jpg

looks the same as every other vectra really

American cars are totaly foriegn to me, whats the spec on that.

I'm guessing it will be a 5.5 V6 or something similar, pushing about 300bhp? going by the MPG

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Badger@Apr 14 2004, 01:09 PM
American cars are totaly foriegn to me, whats the spec on that.

I'm guessing it will be a 5.5 V6 or something similar, pushing about 300bhp? going by the MPG
the last time i checked the corvettes were like 5-6 liter V8s that put out like 350-400hp.

i also wish the muscle car era never went...the last good looking american cars

Zach

My fav is the 1965 Plymouth Barracuda.

My uncle has one. I am gonna buy one some day when I can afford it and have the money to put into it.
He originally paid $250 for it, and it was his first car. A little rusted out, but still runs. Hes got replacements
for it tho

DanielW

Badger,

the engine is a V8 with a single cam and pushrods, only 2 valves per cylinder.
The engine size is 5666cc, aluminum block and heads, and weighs less than the I6 that's in the M3. Right now I average 18MPG in the city and get 30MPG on the highway, my old ford taurus (a 1996 with 180,000miles[300,000km]) averaged about 16MPG, which sucked ass. The car is pretty light as well (1500kg) and has a great weight distribution of 51/49 since the transaxle is mounted in the back.
right now the car is pushing out 300rwhp which with a 15% drivetrain loss equals to about 350BHP. I'm planning to throw on a more agressive cam, better flowing heads, and headers and would expect about 420rwhp (about 490BHP), but that would be like in a year or so.
I wonder how this thing will drive in the snow :ph34r:

Spiff,

right now I have temporary paper plate, and don't need a front one, but once i get the metal plates I will have to display them up front. Don't know if I will yet.
I also wanted a chrome bumper stingray (68-73) with sidepipes. I just couldn't justify driving a stingray daily in chicago. maybe when i'm 40 or 50 and have a house already i will purchase a nice stingray to cruise on the weekends.

onewecallgod

anyone see the new GTO? that thing is a pathetic attempt to bring back muscle cars...

Badger

How does the corvette handle?

I am guessing the new ones will corner not to badly, although I did get to drive a 1982 corvette at my old old job (working in a car auction) and it really didn't like going round the twistys much, but I suppose all muscle cars were the same, fast as hell until it came to a corner, but then again, your roads are a hell of alot straighter than ours over here.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Please tell me that's sarcasm.

DanielW

Originally posted by Badger@Apr 16 2004, 05:26 PM
How does the corvette handle?

It sticks to the road like glue, it comes from the factory with Goodyear F1 EMT (runflat) tires, and they don't stick too well. I don't have those tires anymore and it handles awesome, I can take higway exit/entrance ramps at twice the posted speed. :ph34r:

J

Jet Set Willy

I'm a lot stupider at cars than the rest of you. I just wanted you to know.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by Neco@Apr 16 2004, 11:11 AM
I'm not a gearhead

so fucking sue me
Pfft, neither am I, but I at least know that power steering was invented some time around the 50's or 60's.