Search results

1. J

Beating Mask X on Arm Wrestling???

I cannot beat Mask X/Bald Bull. I know you have to remove his mask, but I can't do it. I have the directional keys as my up, down, left, right and when I catch the money bag I go "up." Would I go up as well to remove his mask? I try but my guy won't pull it off. Just wanna beat him and get to...
  2. J

Sound questions on Mame games

Does anybody who has Streetfighter Alpha 1, 2, and 3 have lower sound than other games? I hit "F2" and the volume appears to be at maximum on the settings. Are some games lower in sound regardless if the sound is set all the way up compared to others? As for the sound scratchiness on the Mortal...
  3. J

Recommended processor speed for Mame32?

As an experiment, I tried running my Mame32 games on my brother's old Windows 98 computer and they will barely open. My mom's pc isn't much better (Windows 98). What is the minimum processor speed to run Mame32 and NES games too? I assume that a Windows 98 computer just aint gonna cut the...
  4. J

Follow up questions about control pads/joysticks for Mame

I had inquired about hooking up a control pad from Wal-Mart and using it on Mame. I hooked it up to my Dell PC but only 3 buttons would work. I tried messing with the axis thingies but only got those 3 to work. I have since returned the pad to Wal-Mart. I can't remember if the "enable joystick"...
  5. J

Can someone email me a calibrated T2: The Arcade Rom?

Still having trouble getting T2's guns calibrated to shoot right. Was wondering if it's possible to get a ROM that's already calibrated correctly. Would this work or does this ROM have to be calibrated on each person's computer? I can get to the part where Arnold says, "Nice Shot, Nice...
  6. J

Why won't the Tekken games/Star Wars Trilogy Arcade work yet?

Why won't the Tekken games run correctly on a 2.5 GHZ PC? If the original Playstation could run these, why can't a modern PC? Is it Mame that hasn't caught up with these games or is it that PC's just don't have the power to run them yet? Same thing for Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (the one with the...
  7. J

Nestopia problems

Which Windows operating systems is the latest version of Nestopia compatible with? Will it run on Windows 98? I burned a copy to CD-R and tried playing it on my mom's old PC (Windows 98) and it won't work. Is it only for Windows 2000 and up? Why are the colors on Mike Tyson's Punchout off with...
  8. J

How do I correctly install my new control pad?

I bought a Recoil Pad from Wal-mart (looks like a Playstation controller) and it's USB. I want to play Mame games with it, but Mame isn't recognizing it. I've installed the disc that came with the control pad...it's a dual shock type program that causes the pad to vibrate when you play fighting...
  9. J

Why does GENS keep language and other types of logs?

Whenever I play a game using GENS, it always leaves behind a "language" or "configuration" log that appears in the folder where I have GENS. Is there a way to get rid of this annoying feature? In other words, I just want the GENS execution file and the ROMS present in the folder and wish it...
  10. J

Problems with some Atari 2600 games.

I'm using Stella to run my 2600 roms, but I can't get some to work right. Star Wars Jedi arena isn't responding to the keyboard keys. Is this a mouse game or something? Circus Atari isn't doing anything either. Any ideas? Thanks, Keith
  11. J

T2 Arcade,HardDrivin, Players Choice games questions

I can't get T2 Arcade and Hard Drivin to work. The T2 gun calibration mode when you first open the rom is as far as I get. Arnold says "no way Jose" and I don't know what to do to calibrate the guns. Does this game even work? Also, Hard Drivin' comes on and it says "unpacking graphics" and when...
  12. J

Super Mario Bros. 3 and Duck Hunt questions

Need some questions answered about Super Mario 3 for NES. I'm using RockNesX and it's a pretty good even though it is old. When I play Super Mario 3 the right side of the screen has a weird coloration as Mario is running. Does this happen on the other NES Emulators? It's like the game isn't...
  13. J

How to play light guns on RockNESX???

I have all my NES games playing thru RockNESX and want to know how the heck do you play games like Duck Hunt? Since the controller mapping doesn't provide for mouse support, how do you shoot? Is this a common problem with other NES emulators as well? If not, then what NES EMU allows use of the...
  14. J

534 Atari 2600 games...do I have them all?

Hi, I just downloaded the version of Stella that supports Pitfall 2!!! YES! I have 534 games, but I'm wondering if that's all? Does anybody have more than this? -Keith
  15. J

Mortal Kombat 1,2,& 3 sound issues

I have Mortal Kombat 1,2,&3 and all of them have low sound. I have to turn my computer speakers half way up to get the equivalent of 1/4 of the way up on all my other games. Why is this? Mine aren't choppy fortunately, as I've had that problem before...just not loud enough. Can this be fixed? I...
  16. J

Need Help with Atari 2600 Z26 Emulator

Everytime I download this emulator and try to install it I get this... "Version 2.13-X86_CORE and below that I click "OK" and nothing happens. The execution file looks like the little clip board thing right? I want to try this emulator because I believe it's the only one that supports Pitfall 2...