Why won't the Tekken games/Star Wars Trilogy Arcade work yet?

journeyfan1977

Why won't the Tekken games run correctly on a 2.5 GHZ PC? If the original Playstation could run these, why can't a modern PC? Is it Mame that hasn't caught up with these games or is it that PC's just don't have the power to run them yet? Same thing for Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (the one with the Hoth, Endor, and Death Star missions). What will it take to run this game correctly as far as processor speed. memory, and Mame itself?

Thanks,
Keith

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
M.A.M.E emulates the arcade version of Tekken,and they strive for perfect emulation,no speed hacks.That's why Tekken won't run correctly on your 2.5Ghz CPU.You pretty much answered the question yourself...
PC's just don't have the power to run them yet?
If you wanna play Tekken try ZiNc emulator,but it's not that easy to set up,even I don't remember much of it,because I don't use that too much,and I saw you had quite big problems with mame,which was a very easy set up for me.
I just hope I've cleared up a few things here.MERRY CHRISTMAS,Keith!

Zach

You also have to consider its useless to compare Arcade games to their console versions when emulating. The console versions were ported to the console, and programmed to run on the console. Arcades have their own hardware otherwise, which is usually more powerful, and thus more difficult to emulate

hagbard

More powerfull and usually more complex too, at least till PC XP based boards were released

Last edited: