How do I correctly install my new control pad?

journeyfan1977

I bought a Recoil Pad from Wal-mart (looks like a Playstation controller) and it's USB. I want to play Mame games with it, but Mame isn't recognizing it. I've installed the disc that came with the control pad...it's a dual shock type program that causes the pad to vibrate when you play fighting games. I've also went into "control panel" on my Windows XP and went to add the pad. I had to "custom" add the controller and it appears to be working as far as Windows XP is concerned, but my Mame isn't recognizing it and it's not working. How do I set the Mame to recognize it? I know about "controller mapping" on Mame and i've even set all of them to "joystick" but it's not doing anything when I pick up the controller. Any suggestions?

-Keith

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I think he is using mame32.I never had problems playing with a pad on mame...it just detected it,no fancy stuff.

hagbard

First of all, make sure it's plugged. Then go to MAME32 "Default game options" -> "Controllers" tab" -> check "Enable joystick input" and the "Digital joystick axes" you want to use