Recent content by Hrothgar

1. Hrothgar

Emulators for Nintendo DS

Hey, I just recently started to emulate on my R4 card for my DS. I've got gameboy, Nes, and Snes emulators already working on it. However, I'm not 100% satisfied with my Nes and Snes emulators. The Snes emulator I use is SNemulDS, and the Nes emulator I use is nesDS. When playing snes games...
  2. Hrothgar

Items needed for emulation on DS

Hey, recently I just bought a used original bulky Nintendo DS. I want to run downloaded DS games off a flashcard, as well as emulate other games from other systems. Mostly, I just need to know what I need to buy to do this. I know I can't just buy an SD card. If it makes a difference, I have a...
  3. Hrothgar

Twilight Hack - Help

I recently have been trying to get the Twilight Hack to work on my Wii. I downloaded the v0.1-beta2 from Team Twiizers, and my system currently has the 4.0U update. I put the hack on my SD card, and when I went to copy it over, I got a message saying "The data may not have been copied". Of...
  4. Hrothgar

Major Rom Distrutor that has linked EZ

I was checking out one of the major rom distributor (I'm bouncing around the name due to the terms of agreement), and I noticed they had a link to emulator-zone on the page. I know emulator-zone has a zero-tolerance policy on links to rom distribution sites being posted on the forum, but I...
  5. Hrothgar

Favorite Games of 2008

I thought it would be good to reflect on some of the great games that came out last year, and talk about which ones we each enjoyed. I think it is better to state 'favorite' game opposed to 'best' game, because there is no best in what is opinion. There are a lot of games that came out this...
  6. Hrothgar

Gurps?

Yeah, considering the audience that the Emulator-Zone attracts, I was wondering if anyone plays GURPS? For those of you who don't know what GURPS is, to put it shortly it stands for General Universal Role Playing System. It's a table top game like D&D but written to be a bit more flexible. You...
  7. Hrothgar

Wii Virtual Console Price Comparison

I was reading through some articles on vintagecomputing.com when I found price comparisons between how much it wold cost to buy games on the wii virtual console, compared to how much it would be to cost the real games used. I thought it was interesting...
  8. Hrothgar

My Chiptune Music

For all of you who don't know, I make Chiptune music. My project name is Phanto Bro, and I thought you guys (and occasional girls) would be interested in perhaps hearing it. You can click on the album covers below and download them for free if you want to. If you like my work, you welcome to...
  9. Hrothgar

Mother 3 finally fan translated, woot woot!

Just recently Mother 3 (A equal to Earthbound that came out only in Japan) was translated by a fansite. The site, http://mother3.fobby.net/, had been working on this for a couple years and now their hardwork has paid off. I've personally tested the patch and have played it for about an hour...
  10. Hrothgar

Chiptune Music?

Hey, I was wondering what you guys though about Chiptune/8-Bit music? The reason I ask is cause I've been making some myself recently. I saw a documentary on it called "Reformat The Earth", and it really drew me in. I was really psyched out and started working on some songs myself. It's pretty...
  11. Hrothgar

Putting emulators/roms on a SD card to be played on a DS

I know you can play older systems on the DS by putting them on an SD card (I had a friend on highschool that had Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!! working on his DS). I know it isn't as easy as putting the emulator+rom on an SD card, that you need to prepare the SD card and such. I was wondering if...
  12. Hrothgar

Gameboy Emulators compatible with mac

I was wondering if anyone knew any gameboy (origional) emulators that work on a Mac besides Virtual Boy?
  13. Hrothgar

Getting a good run on Final Fantasy VII

Hey, I've been wanting to play Final Fantasy VII on my computer. Now, out of combat the graphics work pretty well, but in game it slows down. Now the obvious problem might just be my computer, but most other PS games run semi-well. I was just wondering if anyone has played it on epsxe if they...
  14. Hrothgar

N64DD

I was wondering if there is a N64DD Emulator yet? Would I just be on a wild goose chase trying to find any roms for it?
  15. Hrothgar

Dragonball movie LOL!!!

I was watching the previews to Speed Racer and it made me remember Fox talking about making a Dragon Ball Z movie back when it was REALLY popular (To think of all the time I spent watching that mindless show when I was ten). Anyways, I thought it had went defunct since DBZ's popularity began to...