Getting a good run on Final Fantasy VII

Hrothgar

Hey, I've been wanting to play Final Fantasy VII on my computer. Now, out of combat the graphics work pretty well, but in game it slows down. Now the obvious problem might just be my computer, but most other PS games run semi-well. I was just wondering if anyone has played it on epsxe if they found very specific settings that will get it to work well?

cid67

why not try pSX instead of Epsxe. its much more compatable and has lesser system requirements. the only downside and I personaly dont consider it a downside is it doesnt enhance the graphics but insted displays them faithfuly to how the original console looked.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
why not try pSX instead of Epsxe. its much more compatable and has lesser system requirements. the only downside and I personaly dont consider it a downside is it doesnt enhance the graphics but insted displays them faithfuly to how the original console looked.

I like PSX too but its worth pointing out that if you're not running your PC through a CRT TV and are using a PC monitor the graphics don't look like the original graphics. So yes its a great emu but it looks like a dogs dinner on a High Res display.