Plaque

Guitar Gamer

Spike - ouch. That must have been one bad week. And the lesson is... :lol:

nesman - It's rust from the well. So, unfortunately it's here to stay.

S

Spike

Guitar gamer: yeah, im suprised that my grass is still living, the stuff taseted like gasoline <_<
i should probably get that checked out...

Zach

Originally posted by ScotchGuy@Jul 26 2004, 01:45 AM
Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes. Now I've read the arguments on boths sides and I haven't found any evidence yet to support the need to brush your teeth, ever.

Discuss.
Tell that to my fucking $4,000 + dental bills

S

Spike

Originally posted by Neco@Jul 28 2004, 11:52 PM
Tell that to my fucking $4,000 + dental bills
what the hell is wrong with your teeth!? did you chew bricks as a child? :)

Zach

No

I didn't brush properly like I should have.

In my life I have had well over 20 cavities, some reccuring recently, 2 root canals, 1 recently, I still need two crowns, and I may even have to get another root canal done.

This is what not brushing your fucking teeth does, whether you believe in plaque or not.
The only people who can truly get away with it, is those who regularly consume rough meats such as steak.

Guitar Gamer

Originally posted by Spike@Jul 28 2004, 10:47 PM
Guitar gamer: yeah, im suprised that my grass is still living, the stuff taseted like gasoline <_<
i should probably get that checked out...
That sounds like a good idea. Are you sure your well doesn't run through some deep cavern full of oil? ;)

S

Spike

neco: i can sympathize, i've had i think like 9 cavities, and 2 root canals, not to mention all my wisdom teeth pulled. not exactly the most pleasant experience.

GG: im actually fairly certain that my well is an outlet for the river of styx, and that all water that comes from it is possesed by the spirits of pure evil, and the devil incarnate. my well posses the power "arcane water tap"

Guitar Gamer

Ahh... the ol' arcane water tap. I once had one of those. Kept me up all night with its infernal dripping! Might as well just cast "Holy" on it a couple of times. That might fix it. ;)

Dentistry fees are outrageous obviously. It's a universal fact. I can understand the over-head for renting the buildings and buying the equipment, etc. But that doesn't explain why dentists are primarily quite wealthy... hmm. I wonder why. <_< Note the sarcasm. It can be seen that dentists make a killing off of our mouths. But maybe they should spend it on hiring some people who don't poke and prod by damn gums until they're sore for the next couple days. *shakes fist*

S

Spike

i remember once i was at the dentist and he was drilling at my teeth for some reason or another, incredibly painful by the way, and he coughed, sliped and drilled my gum away! i was bleeding for the rest of the day. damn dentist, he still made me pay for the exam :skull:

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Neco@Jul 28 2004, 06:10 PM
The only people who can truly get away with it, is those who regularly consume rough meats such as steak.
its not that i dont believe you, but can you verify this? now that i think about it, seems hard to believe that steak will keep my teeth clean and/or strong

Zach

Chewing rough, stringy meats will clean your teeth pretty well depending on how much you eat and how often.

My brother doesn't brush, and doesn't have dental problems that I know of. He usually eats a good deal of meat.

Its just like dog treats. If its abbraisive enough and you chew on it long enough, it will clean your teeth.

Mourgos

True,but mainly your teeth health depends jst on genes.I didn't use to brush my teeth unless my mouth started to smell bad and I still have not a single dental problem...yet
And just to add sth more to this thread ,let me point out that too much brushing can cause problems as well.It's important to use a soft toothbrush.

S

Spike

Originally posted by Mourgos@Jul 29 2004, 02:35 AM
True,but mainly your teeth health depends jst on genes.I didn't use to brush my teeth unless my mouth started to smell bad and I still have not a single dental problem...yet
And just to add sth more to this thread ,let me point out that too much brushing can cause problems as well.It's important to use a soft toothbrush.
brushing is only bad for you if you try and remove your gums with your toothbrush. :) brushing too hard on your gums is the only way brushing can be negative.

ShadowWarrior

Most Chinese people have a tendency to boil their water, and then put it in a giant white (sometimes gray or black) thermos, and then another water container for cooler water, and then another for the fridge. I've been drinking boiled water since I was a baby. Whenever I go to a friends house and they offer me sink water and/or mineral water and they taste funny...

Okay, enough rambling...

You HAVE TO BRUSH your teeth, or you get cavities, and plaque do exist because... Well, yes... Ah what the hell... Hug a rainbow everyone... 8]

onewecallgod

haha...wow i remember how we used to do that. theres always the thermos full of hot water, then theres boiled water set aside to cool. and then my grandparents discovered spring water in the 2.5 gallon dispensers.... yeah, we do boil a lot of water....dont we....

S

Spike

Originally posted by onewecallgod@Jul 29 2004, 07:47 AM
and brushing too hard removed the enamel protecting teeth
you'd have to brush the fuck out of your teeth to do that.
the only way i've heard of someone removing the enamel on their teeth was when i was drinking that pint of pure lemon juice.

we had to boil our water once when the well backed up and shit was leaking out of the faucets with the water :lol:

Zach

Its actually quite easy to damage your enamal with a toothbrush. Many hard-brushers don't even know that they are brushing too hard.