General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

hagbard

Re: mine still dunt work

Are you sure you are trying to run PSX ISOs?

christoph

PS eMu nOObie
hi! i wanted to try a PS emu for the longest time but couldnt cuz i thought my pc specs werent up to par...now i downloaded the ePSXe1.6.0 then downloaded the delta 2.01 auto config tool...

i want to ask how to work them and stuff...my pc specs are: p4, NVIDIA geforce2 MX/MX 400, 1.60 GHz and 384mb of RAM...

also how do u play games on this? i have cd's [altho some are pirates, me poor...:( ], so do i just put them in the drive and open them with the emu?

is there a tutorial for this?

sorry for the many questions...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
This whole thread is a tutorial...get reading from page 1. ;)

2600_pc

I do not know how to run an emulator. I can do the preliminary step on the computer when it loads, but I have no idea how to run it. Can somebody please help me out step by step?????

christoph

PS eMu nOObie
okies...but is my pc specs ok enough to play the games..?

*just downloaded GPU and SPU plug-ins as stated in the first page....am now searching for bios...*

* just got ntsc bios....got all plug-ins in place...*

* put in disc1 of ff8, the screen went black and then showed a no wgl extemsion error....:( help...?*

Last edited:

hagbard

Don't use Pete's OpenGL2 GPU plugin, because looks like your video card don't support it. Try Pete's D3D, OGL or P.E.Op.S instead. And yes, you'r PC should be enough for PSX emulators

sepehr

orly
Edit: Nevermind, I got the game down after switching to D3D driver, but the only problem is, everything is like really sped up... how do I fix this, it's in like turbo

Edit2: Fixed that, but now the menus for my attacks, etc dont show when I'm in battle. Help please?

Last edited:

hagbard

With Pete's D3D/OGL, I'd try to enable "special upload detection" on "special game fixes", plus a higher value on "Off-screen drawing". The "nice" button should get a fine config for FFVIII anyway

GroundPound

Ok I got and think I did all the steps of getting ePSXe to work and I'm stuck at the second step of the wizard guide which is the scph1001 thing. It won't show up, I extracted to the file C:/Program Files/epsxe/bio on Power desk. Can some1 help me?

btw I have Xp I don't know if thats a problem

montpics

Make sure that the extraction place is exactly placed in .\bios\ folder. And the file name should be SCPH1001.bin. :cool:

Goku911

BEHINDE YOU !!!!
it keeps saying to me "gpuPeteOpenGL2"- "missing shader extensions" why so?? i downloaded the newest version of Petes graphic plugin.... sniff sniff...i hope this will be replied soon ^^

Last edited:

montpics

Goku911 said:
it keeps saying to me "gpuPeteOpenGL2"- "missing shader extensions" why so?? i downloaded the newest version of Petes graphic plugin.... sniff sniff...i hope this will be replied soon ^^
Only latest graphic card required in order to use that plugin.

Assuming that you don't have a graphic card that support GL. Use older version of Pete's GPU like :

Pete's OpenGL
P.E.Op.S GPU

Good luck!

dfit1027

I have been using ePSXe for about a year on breath of fire IV, FF7, Castlevania, and Breath of Fire III with no problems. I just came across a copy of Suikoden and the sound plugin will not work. The plugins i have are:

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41
P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2

none of them will work for me tho. The game plays fine just no sound. Any ideas?

Edit: NVM i just needed to toggle some settings under sound

Last edited:

danielevans01

Hello, I am having problems playing games on my ePSXe, I have downloaded all of the files the set-up wizard instructed me to do so, but when i try to play an ISO file or run a game disk the following message appears:

"Missing render-texture extension!"

This message is displayed in a window entitled "gpuPeteOpenGL2"

Any suggestions?

Reaverdragon

my prob is the same, except im haveing it with Breath of Fire 3. i thought the prob. was my BIOS but i changed it and it had the same problem.

no one has been able to help yet on 3 diff. forums. i'm really hope'n yall can cuase geting this thing to work has been all i have done for the last 3 days.

let me know if u what info yall might need.

Last edited: