General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

Otaku Ichise

just use this plugins and configure them as it is here:

its all you need to have great quality and performance at same time^^

Ayu

Does any of the sounds on ePSX work for Vanguard Bandit or Xenogears? I have already tried downloading all that is available on the site and none of 'em actually worked.

FFX~Valefor

FF's lover
i have a question
i run final fantasy vii iso on epsxe,it plays good
however when i try to save the game to one of epsxe slots (run>save state>slot x) it isnt saved,why?
**the game is saved correctly on the save points,i just want the slots**

PR_Fynest

Ummm hey im having problems runing the emulator when i try to run a game it says:

Missing Render-Texture Extension

and

No Pixel Format Available

what did i do wron lol??

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
PR_Fynest said:
Ummm hey im having problems runing the emulator when i try to run a game it says:

Missing Render-Texture Extension

and

No Pixel Format Available

what did i do wron lol??

I get that when i use gpuPeteOpenGL2 if ur using this its ur graphics card so use gpuPeteOpenGL

PR_Fynest

this is what i have

bios :scph1001
video plugin:pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7
sound:epsxe SPU Core 1.5.2
cdrom:epsxe cdr aspi core 1.5.2 and epsxe cdr WNT/W2k core 1.5.2
game: DBZ Legends

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Have you configured the Pete's OpenGL to the Nice setting?

PR_Fynest

yup i did lol i had i was changing things at random in the setup n then i saw that lol...but now lol in the game right when im playing the game stops and in my screen appears my desktop with a very very very very high screen resolution and i waited like 5 minutes and nothing happend i tried CTRL+ALT+Delete for the task thingy and the only thing that appears is turn off my pc why the hell does the game get so f**ked up???

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Tbh i have no clue at all, it's never happened to me, all the games but final fantasy 7, 9 work perfectly, did u get the other plugins i told u to get?

PR_Fynest

yup and i really think its cuz of that cuz when i didn't have full screen the game was alright when i play in fullscreen it gets all f*cked up n shit soo thats another problem solved lol now lol how the hell can i save the damn game lol?

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
When u want to save it during the game push esc and go to Run -> Save State -> Slot 1.

In sstates folder dont change the file name because it wont load it otherwise

George PLUMBE

A.K.A Timmy Chang
pSX 1.7 is the emulator to use.You can play all square games on it and you never have to configure any plug-ins.EPSXE is just ass compared to this.:mad:

GTASA

George PLUMBE said:
pSX 1.7 is the emulator to use.You can play all square games on it and you never have to configure any plug-ins.EPSXE is just ass compared to this.:mad:
Yes this is the best emulator,but i don't know how to put *ppf on it (for example:there is patch for Smackdown 2 on ePSXe 1.6, I put it in the "Patches" directory and then select "enable ppf files") but in 1.7 i don't know how to enable *ppf ,is it possible?

George PLUMBE

A.K.A Timmy Chang
I suppose EPSXE is rated better because of the graphical enhancement that you get with the plug-ins.But you have to constantly configure those plugins for each game which really sucks.That said,pSX is better for people who dont want to do that and it can play most, or as many games EPSXE can play.

Last edited: