General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

malephar

ye i did
i tried all the different sound options
with all the different games and it didnt work
when i put the disc into the drive the emulator can read the audio tracks and everything is fine
when i run the iso its like when your playing a racing game and you open the psx
the game runs fine but there is no music
so far i have only used isoproducer
i have DLed magic iso and will try it out and let you know what happens

hagbard

With only an ISO file you'll miss the CDDA tracks as well as direct load any image file with the emulator. I suggest you making an image with Cdrwin (CUE-BIN), CloneCD (CCD-IMG), etc, then mount it with Daemon Tools.

malephar

yes i thought thats what the outcome would be
i was reading about those deamon tools in another thread
i even downloaded that virtual drive thing months ago
but i decided that it served absolutley no purpose and promptly shredded it from the hard disk
now i feel a bit sheepish
by the way, i think you (hagbard) should be commended on the work you do on this board
ive only studied the sony threads but you have helped hundreds of annoying newbs like me
so i say well done

hagbard

Yes, I mean if you mount a CUE, CCD, MDS, etc with Daemon Tools you won't miss the CDDA tracks while playing it on PSX emulators.
Btw, no problem, I'm glad to help somehow :eek:

weiranye

Hi i am new i don't get how to configure epsxe 1.6.0. I am using the ePSXe 1.6.0, I've downloaded Harvest Moon Back to Nature.Bin and i put it in the BIOS file, but when i start using the configure wizard and i clicked on configure, there should be Harvest Moon Back to Nature. bin file in the white box, but there were nothing, its empty! Can sombody help me plz......

montpics

weiranye said:
Hi i am new i don't get how to configure epsxe 1.6.0. I am using the ePSXe 1.6.0, I've downloaded Harvest Moon Back to Nature.Bin and i put it in the BIOS file, but when i start using the configure wizard and i clicked on configure, there should be Harvest Moon Back to Nature. bin file in the white box, but there were nothing, its empty! Can sombody help me plz......
That's not a BIOS file, it's a CD image file. Mount it with Daemon-Tools and try again. :cool:

hiden_goddess

Well I followed the instructions and set everything up. But when I try to play Lunar and whenever I go into a house the whole screen goes black. I can still hear the music and everything and I don't think it's frozen but I can't see anything. Also does anyone know the controls for Lunar. I'm having trouble figuring out what buttons do what on the game pad.

hagbard

Did you try the Peops soft GPU video plugin?

malephar

ok so i got the games going now with the music tracks playing
now i have encountered a new problem
i bought two controllers both exactly the same
and it seems that epsxe doesnt recognise the difference between them
when i am playing tekken and i press start to pause, it starts a player 2 game
i tried switching around the usb port and its still the same
any ideas??

hagbard

You have to configure each pad input keys on "Config" -> "Gamepad" -> "Pad 1" for player 1, then "Pad 2" for player 2.

malephar

i tried that
but because they are both the same pad, its like i am using just one pad
the emulator doesnt seem to recognise the difference
it makes fifa and tekken a whole lot more interesting though

weiranye

Hi i need help on how to use the daemon tool, after i mounted my game Harvest Moon Back to Nature with the daemon tool, it now shows that on my drive E with these files:

STR FOLDER
A_FILE.BIN
A_FILE.HDT
ABSTRACT TEXT DOCUMENT
BIBLIOGP TEXT DOCUMENT
COPYRIGH TEXT DOCUMENT
DUMMY.DAT
SLUS_011.15
SYSTEM SPEEDDIAL

and my question is how to get the game to work on espxe?

weiranye

I tried running it as cd rom, you mean by opening epsxe and click on file to run cdrom, when i open it, it shows up as a black screen. so now what?

Hagane EX

I recommend that if you are going to be playing from CDs to simply use 'epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2' and click 'Configure' right under the white box.

when i try to do that it and error pops up and says

* Error in init aspi (227)

please help :(

montpics

@weiranye
You can configure it from Pete's GPU (from Graphic configuration) and set it to 'Nice' setting.

Or, while playing, press 'Home' and press either 'Insert' or 'Delete' (from your keyboard) to adjust the speed.

Note : I'm not very sure of that but good luck! :)

@Hagane EX
Try to use other CD plugin, SaPu CD plugin for example. :cool:

hagbard

malephar said:
aspi
isnt that something to do with the layout or structure of the cd image
maybe thats why the emulator cant recognise the image
ASPI it's a kind of "driver" that makes the PC software to control/communicate with the CD/DVD-ROM hardware

@weiranye

Check this sticky thread

Last edited:

hiden_goddess

Hey,
I posted about the blacking out of the sceen a page back. Thanks for the help. I did some searching on other forum around here and found out how to fix it. Now I'm totally enjoying the game. Thanx