General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

Blade90

Little problem: When i must choose cd-rom (5/7) and then click on "config", there will appear text: Error loading WNASPI32.dll, and then it just shuts the program. What should I do?

Ah, now it is working! I have Gran Turismo 2 and I tried it. One problem: It is so fast! Too fast! How i can lower speed, or can i do it somehow?
Other problem: I don´t hear sounds....

Last edited:

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
how come no one ever reads stickys or rules in that matter?

montpics

ticktock said:
how come no one ever reads stickys or rules in that matter?
I could understand that. Guess that's why we are here. :)

@Blade90 :
Search for it in this forum as that problem was answered a couple of times. :cool:

Nillin

hagbard said:
you're missing ASPI layer, give a try to forceASPI. If you're using win 2k/Xp you can switch to SPTI (IOCTL).

Anyway, to use an *original* FF9 PAL CD on ePSXe, you'll need the specific patches. Get only the files for your region (PAL UK). Then unzip the patches (.ppf) to ePSXe "patches" folder, then rename each one acording its respective CDs: In FF9 CD number 1 main folder there is a file named "SLES_029.69". Rename the .pff exactlly as that file, the same for the other CDs, but note the SLES_#.29.69 will have "1", "2", and "3" instead "#".
Don't forget to and leave them on the "patches" folder. Should load OK then ;)

I'm a newb soo, anyhoo, I had the same prob, I then downloaded the thingamagig but now I don't know how to install it er whatever. Somehow I got past the thing where this wiz thing screwed up. Ok I know my question is very shady but when I click run cdrom it goes to full screen and messes up and says messing shader extention thing...What DO I do, What DO I do.

hagbard

I only understand you've a problem about the "shader extension". Switch to Pete's Direct3D or OpenGL, but not OGL2. Otherwise, please be a bit more specific

Nillin

AHH I feel like an idiot. Please delete my last messages if you can, I couldn't find the option that allows me to delete my own messages like in other forums. After I submited it I countinued to look through the forums and found out what to do. I just deleted everything and started over, and know I got it to work perfectly. Sorry about that, I have dial up and it takes me like 7 mins to just look at one page sooo I came across my answere a little to late sorry. Thanks for the help

hagbard

Nevermind, you got it working and that's what matters :)

centrus

Curious: trying to run PS1 games: I downloaded Delta and followed the directions to a T, configured the plugins/BIOS files in the ePSXe folder properly, loaded Crash Bash...didn't work. Got a black screen, and it just stayed there. I tried redoing the entire process just in ePSXe the program, the directions at the top of this sticky...same result. Black screen, disk stops spinning in the drive after a few seconds. Tried both again with Tekken 3...same thing. Is the fact that I'm doing it on a laptop have anything to do with it? When I put Crash Bash it Delta prompted a "new game" setup, so it obviously being detected. After configuring the whole bloody thing again, it still refuses to play, no error messages though. What the hell am I missing, or doing wrong??

WinXP, Nvidia driver, plugins: gpuPeteOpenGL.dll, spuEternal.dll, BIOS folder: SCPH1001...

hagbard

Did you choose any BIOS? Is your CDr plugin configured to use your CD/DVD-ROM drive?

centrus

It's properly configured to detect drive F (my working CD/DVD drive), but if it was a CDr problem, now I get this when it starts:

psxerror.jpg

If it was a BIOS error I thought it would have indicated it with an error message (one popped up saying I was missing it when I first got the emulator, so I got one...)

Edit: for some reason the picture came out really small, but its pretty simple anyway - frozen program white screen error, takes up the whole screen, etc.

Last edited:

hagbard

Some BIOS might be problematic with some games. If you're using Win 2k/XP you can select choose IOCTL, if it isn't stick with ASPI, or use the Sapu plugin. I'd recommend that one or P.E.Op.S.

About the screen, looks like ePSXe hangs, so try reboot your system or close any session that might previously hang (Control+Alt+Supr).

centrus

Right, well, I followed the directions for the ASPI link, rebooted and all. What's IOCTL? And what button is "Supr"? I'll see if Tekken 3 will work now. The BIOS seems to be a regular SCPH1001 file...

Thanks for the help so far.

centrus

Hooray! The game plays now, I changed the CDr plugin to the P.E.Op.S. plugin instead. One last thing though. The sound seems a bit choppy, the screen is perfectly continuous, but the sound gaps every split second. I changed the sound plugin to the P.E.Op.S. one, but I'm not sure how to configure it. Can you suggest a way to correct the sound skipping? Thanks again.

Last edited:

hagbard

Please use the edit button instead of double post.

Most probably is a SPU or CDr plugin problem, but it might be SPU.

SPU: Some games need to enable SPU IRQ option. Also try to set "General Settings" -> "Mode", Reverb" and "Interpolation" values to "0".

GPU: Use the "Fast" button to maximize performance. I don't know what GPU plugin you use though, but stick with Pete's D3D, OGL, OGL2 or PeOPs Soft GPU.

CDr: Click "Try auto-detection" with a PSX disc inserted in your drive. Switch from the different "Caching modes" and check "Don'twait until device is ready".

If you still don't succeed, try another CDr plugin such as Sapu, or use ISOs instead real CDs.

malephar

i have been using epsxe for a while without too many problems
but i decided to save all my psx games as .iso files onto the hard drive
they work fine except for the sound
on games like ff7 or breath of fire, it is fine because the music is produced by the actual emulator
but when the music has to be read off the disc, like tekken, there is nothing
i am using isoproducer and i havent been getting any error msgs
the games work fine when i run them from the disc drive

any ideas??

hagbard

Did you enable CDDA from the sound options?