Drugs eh?

What is the most intense drug you have used?

• Alcohol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitrous Oxide

• Tryptamines

• Marijuana

• Cocaine

• MDMA

• Heroin

• Datura

• Total voters

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
What I meant was that in the case of onewecallgod it is something nessesary for his survival. That does not mean that somebody else cant abuse it.

We all know that Heroin was a pain killer during WW2 and yet you can all see what it is today.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon+Mar 10 2004, 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lemon @ Mar 10 2004, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spekkio@Mar 10 2004, 10:12 PM

Aren't almost all pharmaceutical drugs (especially antidepressants and painkillers) addictive in some sort of way?
No. Some things even have negative addictivity. [/b][/quote]
As in it will help you 'remove' addiction from any physically/mentally addictive drug you're taking?
Also: Heroin is refined opium, which is in turn won from poppy, I think...

J

Jet Set Willy

Papaver somniferum pods, yes.

Negative addictivity means it makes you not want to take it again for a while. LSD, shrooms etc...

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:20 PM
Papaver somniferum pods, yes.

Negative addictivity means it makes you not want to take it again for a while. LSD, shrooms etc...
I was referring more to pharmaceutical drugs like seroxat and oxazepam and whatever they call it.

And in the case of LSD, I thought it was like not having any effect, use what you want, nothing will happen.

Or do you feel more like an aversion to it?

J

Jet Set Willy

huh

It's like it wears you out so much mentally that you just don't want to do it again in a short time. I'm not talking about dosage thresholds.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:26 PM
huh

It's like it wears you out so much mentally that you just don't want to do it again in a short time. I'm not talking about dosage thresholds.
As far as I heard it'll just not work if you take it in succession, but it's more like 'you' don't want it.
If you're insane you still could, I take it?

J

Jet Set Willy

Ah yes, there is a lot of resistance to the drug if you take it in short periods. It basically doesn't work very well in short periods.

onewecallgod

i still consider Albuteol as a drug. its not addictive, but i can see why people would abuse it (makes you hyper-ventalate: breathe signifigantly faster for a short period of time)

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:29 PM
Ah yes, there is a lot of resistance to the drug if you take it in short periods. It basically doesn't work very well in short periods.
Right.

And the pharmaceutical drugs, is my question true?
Or do not all of them have an addictive (side)effect?

Unless of course LSD is a pharmaceutical drug for you.

J

Jet Set Willy

They're all different drugs. You can't group them in any way.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:31 PM
They're all different drugs. You can't group them in any way.
There goes my belief that all drugs belonged to a group of some sorts.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by onewecallgod@Mar 10 2004, 10:30 PM
i still consider Albuteol as a drug. its not addictive, but i can see why people would abuse it (makes you hyper-ventalate: breathe signifigantly faster for a short period of time)
Performance drug?
More breathing = more oxygen, something like that?

J

Jet Set Willy

Well you can group certain things obviously, but not pharmaceuticals. All pharmaceutical means is "from the pharmacy", or over the counter, or whatever your doctor prescribes you. It's in no way a description of the various drug's nature.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:37 PM
Well you can group certain things obviously, but not pharmaceuticals. All pharmaceutical means is "from the pharmacy", or over the counter, or whatever your doctor prescribes you. It's in no way a description of the various drug's nature.
I didn't mean the nature.
More like drugs that have been created by the industry to combat illness, mentally or physically.
Like paracetamol, or morphine, penicillin...
That sort, they're all wildly different, but they're all intended to 'cure' people of their illness.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Spekkio+Mar 10 2004, 05:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spekkio @ Mar 10 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-onewecallgod@Mar 10 2004, 10:30 PM
Performance drug?
More breathing = more oxygen, something like that? [/b][/quote]
yeah thats how i would see it abused. when asthma strikes, it tightens up your air passages and Albuterol opens up those passages

El Fugitivo

Lefteris, something will happen to severe alcoholics who suddenly stop cold turkey. I doubt anyone has died, but the more severe cases, people who stay drunk all the time will certainly feel like shit for a few weeks.

Large amounts of oxygen intake can, I believe, produce light euphoria-like feelings in people. So something that increases your breathing could possibly be abused for that purpose as well.

J

Jet Set Willy

Nelson: My mom got addicted to cough syrups. Her breath was so minty fresh I hardly even knew who she was anymore.

If anybody can find the proper version of that quote, I'll be grateful.

hitmonlee

question for everyone:

do they teach you about drugs in school in your native country?

like health ed or something?