Drugs eh?

What is the most intense drug you have used?

• Alcohol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitrous Oxide

• Tryptamines

• Marijuana

• Cocaine

• MDMA

• Heroin

• Datura

• Total voters

El Fugitivo

In health we did student presentations on drugs. Teamed up with a friend, researched it online and in the library, made a poster or video, showed it to the class. I did heroin, and I remember alot of it (had a huge list of slang terms for different drugs, at least 15 to 20 pages long), but I can't for the life of me think of anything that anyone else talked about.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by hitmonlee@Mar 11 2004, 08:41 AM
question for everyone:

do they teach you about drugs in school in your native country?

like health ed or something?
They do.
We have organisations and/or booths at large parties that allow quality check of any drug you've bought.
Since Dutch law allows you to posess cocaine, heroin and all that ya ya if it's for private recreational use, you can't get the cops on your tail either.

Also schools usually include drug ed in the biology class the first three years, form teachers educate you about it, and I've had in my school career about four or five policemen come here to tell us about drugs and the law.

Schools themselves are also quite open about it, you can talk to them about drugs without them calling parents, or rehab centres without listening to your story.

I think they're doing an excellent job.

J

Jet Set Willy

School was never any good at teaching me about drugs. Meeting a pot smoking friend when I was 15 taught me more than anything. Before that, I thought you could die instantly from marijuana. I really had no idea.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 11 2004, 09:45 AM
School was never any good at teaching me about drugs. Meeting a pot smoking friend when I was 15 taught me more than anything. Before that, I thought you could die instantly from marijuana. I really had no idea.
That's pretty bad.
Did they just not tell you anything, or only told you about the 'bad' sides of the drug?

J

Jet Set Willy

I think the problem was that the people telling us about drugs had no idea about drugs.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 11 2004, 09:54 AM
I think the problem was that the people telling us about drugs had no idea about drugs.
So they just told you you'd die of drugs to discourage you from trying it and finding out they're full of shit.

And people wonder why there are so much addicts.
If you don't bloody well tell them what the drug does and educate them properly, they'll have no clue.
Christ.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 11 2004, 02:05 AM
Nelson: My mom got addicted to cough syrups. Her breath was so minty fresh I hardly even knew who she was anymore.

If anybody can find the proper version of that quote, I'll be grateful.
i believe thats correct

my school i think does a pretty good job. we had a guy come in and talk to us for 45 minutes everyday about his experiences with drug. he once was a heavy alcoholic and heavy pot smoker and he talked about his life getting fucked up as a result

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by onewecallgod+Mar 11 2004, 01:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (onewecallgod @ Mar 11 2004, 01:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lemon@Mar 11 2004, 02:05 AM
Nelson: My mom got addicted to cough syrups. Her breath was so minty fresh I hardly even knew who she was anymore.

If anybody can find the proper version of that quote, I'll be grateful.
i believe thats correct

my school i think does a pretty good job. we had a guy come in and talk to us for 45 minutes everyday about his experiences with drug. he once was a heavy alcoholic and heavy pot smoker and he talked about his life getting fucked up as a result [/b][/quote]
Hahaha.
Did he actually explain anything about the drug, or was this just a way to discourage the school children by accentuating the people that wrecked their life over it?

onewecallgod

he did explain how pot and alcohol messed up your brain (dont remember exactly how) and stuff like that

El Fugitivo

Yeah, they do that here in middle school (junior high). They do the same thing with tobacco, too; they bring in someone with one of those voice synthesizers usually.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Mar 11 2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, they do that here in middle school (junior high). They do the same thing with tobacco, too; they bring in someone with one of those voice synthesizers usually.
Voice synthesizers?

Zidane

Social Hazzard
alcohol is the hardest most extream drug i ever plan to use well maybe extasy but im still a little edgy on the subject

slbrown

lol skipping right over pot and into XTC. lol you got to love it

also i don't feel like looking it up but doesn't X have speed, coke, and herion in it?

J

Jet Set Willy

No, it has MDMA in it. Sometimes people want to rip people off so they sell it with a lot of impurities, like talcum powder or DXM (first time users wouldn't know the difference).

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Mar 11 2004, 06:07 PM
Like Ned on South Park. They've lost their voice boxes to throat cancer.
Yech.
That's pretty nasty...

hitmonlee

Originally posted by slbrown@Mar 12 2004, 02:13 AM
lol skipping right over pot and into XTC. lol you got to love it

also i don't feel like looking it up but doesn't X have speed, coke, and herion in it?
ugh
that's an hour long debate i don't want to enter into
like waz said the active ingredient is mdma
some people claim to have coke or heroin cut with the mdma in their pills
which really makes no sense from a financial point of view, or from any point of view really, because swalling heroin does nothing unless you have a decent amount.
a couple of years ago there were no tests on pills that showed any traces of heroin or cocaine, i've heard a rumour that this has since changed, but i haven't kept up with the news.

in good news: as of monday, my state has decriminalised cannabis. yay. 3 weeks too late but yay.