Arcades

omer

Neo Geo
I've been playing games at arcade for ten years I played Street Fighter, Kof, Tekken, Metal Slug, Aero Fighters, Snow Bros, Outrun etc...But arcades can't make money anymore here, many arcades is closed.Now there is two arcades here one them is good (Has KOF 96, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003, SF Zero 3, Marvel vs Capcom, Metal Slug 2, 3, Tekken 2, 3, Rival Schools, Aero Fighters 2 etc)but other is very bad.

They can't buy newer games like Tekken 5, KOF XI.Think people find arcade games old and don't want to play here.Do you play at arcades?Which games are there?I have arcade sticks and many games but it doesn't feel like arcade.

montpics

omer said:
They can't buy newer games like Tekken 5, KOF XI.Think people find arcade games old and don't want to play here.Do you play at arcades?Which games are there?I have arcade sticks and many games but it doesn't feel like arcade.
I was not play much at the arcades, but Tekken 5 is available though other older games like KOF, SF series are still there as well AFAIK. As you mentioned before, most people don't want to play in arcades in which they rather to play at home.... ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I loved arcades (the smoke,the noise,the bastards trying to get a coin from you) and that's why I love MAME.

I guess arcade times are almost over.
Tekken 5 is about $15000 so it's tough to buy,most gamers have a PS2 so Tekken 5 is much cheaper to play.

In the past there was an enormous difference between arcade/console versions but now...

hagbard

Here in my city the arcades slowly passed away, only 2-3 left. I think the cyber/internet cafes more or less took their place, but it's not the same. Actually, I have seen how some of them were reconverted from arcades, and still got billiards and even few coin op machines... It's a shame, but that's life

hitmonlee

yeah we used to have lots of arcades and most delis/corner stores/milk bars or whatever you call them where you live would have a few games.

the deli across the road from me usually had bubble bobble and streetfighter, then a common rotation of golden axe, nba jam, wonderboy, wonderboy in monster land and some other boys games i didn't play.

Zach

Best place you are going to find for arcade gaming in The States, is a Dave and Busters.

Arcades had been dead a while since I was a teen, but the one year a friends dad took him and myself there for his birthday was awesome. It's Chuck E. Cheese's for grownups. Have to be 18 to get in without an adult.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
The only arcade I see is once a year when I go to a town in the west of Holland. There is about the only arcade I know of here. It doesn't really have the old, smoky arcade atmosphere, but at least it has a nice selection of older and newer games.
I think VampyR has put up the most important reason arcades are disappearing: people can play almost the same games at home. Also, there used to be some arcade machines in some pubs here, but since slot machines make A LOT more money, arcade machines has entirely disappeared from our pubs :(

Styrofoam

Old Fart
Curious isn't it ??
On every gaming board you'll find at least one arcade related thread, and in every thread the disussion is as depressing as this one.
Arcades are dying left and right, if they haven't already left for the great beyond (or where the heck unwanted PCBs go). Sad to tell you lot, that's it's the same here in li'l olde Denmark. Only a few arcades left, and the newest games are from 2004, sounds like this is the case with most of the remaining arcades, so the question remains; why do gamedevs keep producing arcades ?? How can places like system16.com stay alive. By all logic, if all arcades are dying, then why make new machines ?? Somewhere out there in the real world, there have to be arcade halls, but where are they ??

omer

Neo Geo
In another city of Turkey there is an arcade named Fantasyland which has three floor and lots of new games.I played Tekken 5 (I guess there was 3 Tekken 5 cabinets), Guilty Gear XX, Capcom vs SNK 2.There was 3d lightgun shooting games, I guess they are new because they have good graphics.Now there is KOF XI too but I haven't played yet.

TGS

Man, I remember back in the day people were all ganging up infront of the Mortal Kombat II machine. That must've been the best arcade experience in my life, watching all the big boys unlock new characters and friendships, get beat up by Kintaro, stage fatalities etc. Then it became my turn, you're damn right I chose Reptile. I got my ass kicked by some supid redheaded kid, but I loved every second of it. I really should visit some arcades again, but I just can't be bothered.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
TGS said:
Man, I remember back in the day people were all ganging up infront of the Mortal Kombat II machine. That must've been the best arcade experience in my life, watching all the big boys unlock new characters and friendships, get beat up by Kintaro, stage fatalities etc. Then it became my turn, you're damn right I chose Reptile. I got my ass kicked by some supid redheaded kid, but I loved every second of it. I really should visit some arcades again, but I just can't be bothered.

I was the first guy to finish MKII with one credit only,in my town. :)
MKII is still the greatest to me.

I don't care about more recent arcades llike Tekken 5...I'm more into the '87-'93 period myself.Gimme Rastan and Final Fight anyday.

omer

Neo Geo
We should play Aero Fighters II together :p I finished 10 stages witout losing anylife with two player.Do you like it?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
omer said:
We should play Aero Fighters II together :p I finished 10 stages witout losing anylife with two player.Do you like it?

Hehe...just played it 2 days ago with my bro...
I love shmups.

Flying Shark,Strikers,Air Gallet,Raiden,Raiden Fighters Jet,Battle Garegga are amongst my favourites. :)

omer

Neo Geo
Thank for game names. I've just downloaded Flying Shark.I like it.I'll try others too.

Jale

This morning I went to "Super Machines" and bought my card to play arcade games. It's been a long time :)