Your Favorite Games Of All Time...

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
X2 and X3 are space trading games very much in the same vein as Elite

Nice. i will definitely check them out if I can.

Monkey Island and Elite were very much games of their time and have been superceded long ago by more accomplished titles

I'm not so sure i agree with that unless you mean graphics and sound. The core game in MI is a timeless classic by my standards and when it comes to Elite many have tried but failed. I had such high hopes for Freelancer but it ultimately failed on the tedious standard missions you had to do over and over again in order to advance the plot.
But then, i haven't tried X3, that might very well be an Elite killer...

hah
1. Grandia ( the first one) for psx
2.pokemon red version (its were its at) fer gbc
3.metal gear solid...all of em
4.the intiL D ARCADE GAME (seriously if i had a couple of grand i would drop it on one uh those)
5. toe jam and earl panic on planet funkotron

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Monkey Island and Elite were very much games of their time and have been superceded long ago by more accomplished titles but both still get a bash every now and again, mainly for the nostalgia trip as I enjoyed them both so much at the time.

IMHO Monkey Island is only superceded in terms of graphics/sound, but gameplay wise it's one of the best adventures around. It's pretty damn hard, though (and I'm a pretty bad player).
I have a pretty nice collection of older and newer adventures and I still love them. Day of the Tentacle is also in my top 10 of all-time games.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Yeh, I miss point and clicks.

MI was superceded by its sequels MI2 and Curse of Monkey Island IMO, I love pretty much all of Lucasarts output from around that time though, then there's Broken Sword 1 & 2, I even played through Toonstruck again recently with the kids, still good fun.

I think the most recent P&C I played was the Runaway games released a couple of years back. Stylistically very similar to the Broken Sword games, and enjoyable enough but not classics by any means. Sadly I think its an era that's pretty much dead and gone nowadays.