Your Favorite Games Of All Time...

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Surprised no has posted this one before...

Go ahead, dig up some titles from the past. ;)

Mine:

-- Atari --

Alternate Reality - The Dungeon
(Getting out of the city was challenging, but a problem: never a disk made for the forest nor past the dungeon but a message "insert disk"...)

Ultima 4 - Quest of The Avatar
(A favorite of the series at the time...)

-- Arcade --

Gauntlet Legends (Also On N64)
(An interesting "hack & slash" type of fighting hordes of monsters from area to area...)

T2 - The Arcade Game (Also On SNES)
(Feeded the machine a lot of coins on this one...)

-- Nintendo --

Crystalis (Also On Game Boy Color)
(Got into this one pretty quick, had some interesting powers-ups and "forms" to change into, to get into the next area...)

Shadow Gate (Also On Game Boy Color)
(Reminded me of "Alternate Reality", another moody "point & click" type that was quite amusing...)

-- Gameboy --

Golden Sun (GBA)
(Not bad, liked its style and fighting system...)

Metroid II - Return of Samus (GB)
(Played it over ten times, so tells you a lot...)

Zelda: Links Awakening (GB)
(Another fav of a "mishap" adventure from Hyrule...)

-- Super Nintendo --

Brain Lord
(My third personal fav of a small interesting RPG...)

Chrono Trigger
(Got my attention, but played it once...)

Metroid III - Super Metroid
(A second personal fav, still play it to this day...)

Shadowrun
(An unique moody futurist RPG...)

Soul Blazer
(Kind of liked this one as it had some interesting items and powerups, though reminded me of Crystalis...)

Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars
(Rented - then bought it, Nintendo and Square coming together was the best...)

Yoshi's Island
(A friend got me into this one...)

Zelda: Link To The Past
(Enjoyed it, the first of the series I played...)

-- Nintendo 64 --

Banjo Kazooie
(Believe it or not: got my attention, though the last few areas were a bit too silly...)

Body Harvest
(They could of waited with this one and built a multiplayer and improved the graphics and bugs a bit, but enjoy the moody RPG type, even bought it without renting it first...)

Castlevania 64
(Not a fan of the series, but didn't mind this one...)

GoldenEye 007
(Not a fan of first-person types, but this one was quite interesting...)

Hybrid Heaven
(Another unique moody RPG type with an interesting fighting system...)

Jet Force Gemini
(Another one I bought without renting first, though wasn't bad...)

Mario Party
(Fun to play with a bunch of friends, though a rental fav...)

Paper Mario
(Didn't think it would be interesting, but not bad as it reminded me of Super Mario RPG (SNES)...)

Quest 64
(Short and pointless, but didn't mind it as others hate it...)

Starfox 64
(Another fav, though Slippy and Peppey need to shut their mouths...)

Super Mario 64
(Though the Mario Bros. games were fun, this seems to beat them to the top, though probably the last best Mario game around...)

Super Smash Bros.
(Awesome - how else to put it?)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
(My first personal fav - the best game ever...)

-- PC --

Exile III - Ruined World
(My forth person fav, the only PC game I ever got into...)

Blades of Exile
(An interesting "scenario" based follow-up of Exile 3...)

Ultima VI - The False Prophet
(Got into this one, but sometimes a pain in the backside...)

Ultima VIII - Pagan
(Probably my favorite of the series, which is finally outside of Britaina and never ending storyline...)

-- Game Cube --

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
(Didn't mind this one, though nice to play for a change...)

Metroid Prime
(Not that I didn't like it, but if it was in "third-person" view, it would probably of topped Super Metroid, though the first-person view seems to lose my attention pretty quick...)

Starfox - Assault
(Not bad for a follow-up of the N64 version...)

Zelda: The Windwaker
(Turned it down at first, but not so bad...)

Zelda: Twilight Princess
(Yeah, weak storyline, but still kept me interested, though not an
OoC....)

Wario World
(Actually got into this one and not a Wario fan...)

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Alright... Ignore the post above ^

Instead of listing every game you like, which could be "some list", as I did above :p , just list the ones you like the most - the ones you can't seem to choose between and pry out of your hands, though write a "brief" line "why", since posting a list might be considered pointless... ;)

As for me, there's five:

1 - The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
(I don't need words to describe this one, as it's the number one on the list...)

2 - Super Metroid (SNES)
(Can't live without this one, played it probably over forty some times and still want to take another go at it. Amazing graphics, familiar environments - my second all time fav... )

3 - Exile 3 - Ruined World (PC)
(Though may have "low-end" graphics but an awesome sword-swinging, raiding & looting abandoned towns, and beating the hell out of those monsters with your party of six, just rocks. The only actual PC game I ever like - except emulation that is...)

4 - Super Mario RPG - Legend of The Seven Stars (SNES)
(The best Super Mario storyline out there, though missing Luigi once again, but at least Bowser joins the party for the first time along with a couple of others and kick some major tail in this awesome unique RPG of all time...)

5 - Brain Lord (SNES)
(The last, but interesting, small-time RPG that grabbed my attention. I don't know why I love this one, but the game play is just fun while only five dungeons, but the "addiction" of getting through them is great...)

Maybe this might work, though would be nice to see what others also like to play... ;)

Have fun & happy gaming. ;)

Last edited:

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
1. Xenogears, Playstation. Why? Storyline, Xenogears has the greatest storyline of any rpg I have ever played. There's also lots of other great things about this game but the storyline is it's shining factor.

2. Dragon Force, Sega Saturn. Why? The game play is so simple yet so amazing. Never once have I gotten tired of playing this game. The re-playability for this game is unlike anything else I have ever played.

3. Suikoden 2, Playstation. Why? Once again like in Xenogears the story in this game is amazing and it captivates you so very easily. 108 characters, great battle system, great war battles, great music, superb gameplay. I just want to play it again and again and again.

4. Starcraft, PC. Why? Well if you've played it chances are you already know why. If you haven't and enjoy realtime war strategy games...what the hell are you waiting for get it NOW!! I think I've put over 5000 hours of game play into this game with my friends online.

5. Destiny of an Emperor, NES. Why? It was one of the first real games I ever got my hands on that I can remember when I was the age of 9 and it blew my little mind away. But damn you Zhuge Liang waking you up drove me freaking crazy. If anyone hasn't played this game, do yourself a favor and get it.

Hrothgar

Well, here's mine. Keep in mind that the numbers do not indicate which ones I like more, because my favorites are quite different.

1. Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl: I'll keep these together because to honestly list them separately would be redundant. I don't list the first Super Smash Bros., not really because I disliked it but I grew attached more to Melee and then Brawl. To put it simply, a great multiplayer game that I spent hours enjoying with friends. What is better than Nintendo's All-Stars battling out. Not to mention it's status as a unique and addictive fighting game. I enjoy it's simple controls but unique mastering of individual characters.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past: A game I beat the snot out of, spending hours getting all of the weapons and extra bomb/arrows/sword upgrades. The game will always touch close to my heart. I remember watching my brother play it when I was younger and when I myself got a little older I beat it. The many levels in this game is ingrained into my mind.

3. Chrono Trigger: A game I did not find during the glory days of Super Nintendo. No, it was not until later when I found my interests in emulation that I played this game. Soon I was drawn deeper than usual plot and moving characters. I was fascinated by the ground breaking innovative game play found in this game that would later influence other classics. I mean, you cannot tell me that Square Enix didn't take a few notes from Chrono Trigger, and why not? Chrono Trigger is a great game, and well known amongst the more interested gaming community for a good reason.

4. Kirby Super Star: To me, this was Kirby's golden moment. Don't get me wrong, Kirby has had other phenomenal games like Kirby's Adventure and Kirby: Crystal Shards, but it's this game that really took the cake. I remember playing it when I was sick with an ear infection. I was so entranced by this game that I even kept getting water in my ear to keep my sick time going a bit longer. Sadly I only played this game as a rental. It wasn't until later that I could reunite with my forgotten friend through emulation once again.

5. Super Mario World: It wasn't until much later was a good enough to finish this game all the way through. I learned from my brother all of the secrets that his game held and to this day they are, much like Link to the Past, engraved in my mind. Mario has had many great games, going from his first appearance in Donkey Kong, to his latest Super Mario Galaxy. However, this game is one that is closely attached to my childhood and therefore closest to my heart.

Making this list is a tough one for me. Most of the games lister here are SNES games because they are what I grew up with. However, to quickly list some of my other favorites, they would be Super Mario Bros. 3, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Star Fox 64, Banjo Kazooie, Spryo The Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time, Tetris Attack, Mario RPG, Zelda Oracle of Time and Seasons, Puzzle Bobble, Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Paper Mario, Mario 64, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Super Mario Galaxy,

Zach

I'n not going to attempt to rank these...

Archon (C64 not NES)
Battle Chess (originally played old DOS based version)
Double Dragon II (NES)
Air Fortress (NES)
Jackal (NES)
Sky Shark (NES)

Streets of Rage II (Genesis)
Revolution X (2player Arcade converted from Terminator 2)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
Grandia (PSX Port)
X-Wing Alliance (PC)
Tachyon: The Fringe (PC)
ULTIMATE DOOM / DOOM ][ (PC)
Divine Divinity (PC)
Battle Zone (PC)
Age of Empires II (PC)
Gemstone III/IV (same game, Simutronics pay to play MUD running 15+ years)
Asheron's Call (MMORPG)
Mech Warrior II (PC)

I guess that covers my most favorites.. FYI we've had plenty of "favorite game / RPG / fighter / game for x system" posts in the past... They were annoying and I'm glad they got stamped out...

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Personally i only miss one game as i have all favourites in my PC

I miss only an arcade game from Kaneko

BAD RAP BOYS 1992

Its a shame no emu could play it yet:(

Ah Street of Rage or as i have it Bare Knuckle i spend 15 % of my life playing it :) and never get bored.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Here are my all of my fav. games,

N64
1.Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask
2.Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
3.Super Smash Bros.
4.Super Mario 64
5.F-Zero
6.Army Sarges Heros
7.Conkers Bad Fur Day
8.Pokemon Stadium 2
9.Space Invaders 3D
10.Road Rash64
11.Mario Kart64

Gamecube
1.Super Smash Bros. Meleeeeeeeee!!!
2.Mario Kart Double Dash
3.RayMan Arena
4.Legend of Zelda, Windwaker
5.Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

Playstation
1.Crash Bandicoot, (all three)
2.Spyro Games
3.Croc, Legend of the Gobos

Sega Genisis

Only Fav Game for this System, Shining Force 1 and 2

NES
1.Bad Dudes
2.First Mario Ever!

SNES
Mario Kart
Link to the Past
Super Mario World

And thats it,

JoshM22

Oh good a thread about favorite games of all time. Been waiting for a thread like this to come along. My favorite games of all time as follows:

Nintendo Entertainment System:

Zelda
Zelda II
Donkey Kong Jr.
James Bond Jr.
Indiana Jones
Spy Hunter
Metal Gear Solid

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Zelda: A link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Mario Kart
Spider Man and Venom
Spider Man
Super Metroid
Desert Storm
Tom and Jerry the Movie
Mortal Kombat I, II, and III
Doom
Killer Instinct
Top Gear II
Super Mario 3
Ghosts N Gouls
Tetris
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Biker Mice from Mars
Robocop Vs. Terminator
Contra 3
Earth Worm Jim
Earth Worm Jim 2
Mega Man 7
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 2
Rockman & Forte
Super Street Fighter 2
Zombies Ate my Neighbors

N64

Killer Instinct 64
Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Wave Runner 64
Star Fox 64
Bomber Man 64
Super Smach Bros
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majoras Mask
Duke Nukem
Lamorghini Automobili
Blitz

Gameboy (color and b&w)

Zelda: Links Awakening
Batman
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Pac Man

ALL SEGA SYSTEMS:

Paper Boy
Paper Boy 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic and Knuckles 2
Sonic Spinball
Street Fighter 2
Desert Storm 2
Gunstar Force
Golden Axe collection
Road Rash 3
Streets of Rage
Mortal Kombat 2 & 3
Jurassic Park 2
Contra
Lethal Enforcer
Congo
Home Alone 2
James Bond
Rage

Playstation

Resident Evil 2
Crash Bandicoot
Grand Turismo
Mushashi
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
Spyro the Dragon
Ape Escape
Mortal Kombat II
Driver
Driver 2

Playstation 2

Driver 3
Driver Paralell Lines
Resident Evil Nemises
Grand Turismo II
Grand Turismo III
Midway Arcade Treasures vol 1 and 2
Sonic Megacollection PLUS
TECA Racing
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
MLB 08
Final Fanstasy X
Silent Hill 2

Playstation 3

Grand Theft Auto 4
Motor Storm
Turok
Skate

I don't own any of the older systems like Coleco Vision or the Atari systems. I would like to, but those game are hard to track down for the most part. As you can see i have an extensive list of favorite games. Pretty much any game i purchase is a favorite in my book. :)

Last edited:

Mystic

Banned
1. Final Fantasy IV. Cecil is an amazing main character, and the story line had a lot of twists and surprising outcomes. I almost cried when the twins turned themselves into stone to save everyone.

2. The Legend of Zelda. Yea, that's right, the original. A god was born when this game was made.

3. Final Fantasy VII. The story line is amazing, and Cloud is a bad ass.

4. Assassin's Creed. Gotta love shankin' bitches for no reason.

5. Final Fantasy X. The story line sucked me in big time, and there's so much extra stuff to do

6. Chrono cross / Chrono trigger. They were both amazing games and I couldn't pick just one.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
When you have to list more than 15 or 20 games you haven't thought it through enough.

Here is my list of the games I come to think of right now:

Phantasy Star (SMS)
Wonder Boy III (SMS)
Super Mario Bros (NES)
Legend of Zelda (NES)
Zelda III (SNES)
FF7 (PSX)
Morrowind (PC)
The Battle for Wesnoth (PC)
Mario 64 (N64)
Super Mario Kart (N64)

These are the games I pick up and keep playing again and again and again...

JoshM22

Edit: Repost

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Looks like I have very similar taste as Retroguiden as most of the same games would be in my top 25.

Favourite game ever would just be edged as Morrowind.

Also have a very soft spot for the X2/3 games and the Dawn of War series.

Older games would be Elite, Dungeon Master, and Monkey Island.

Going to stop now as there are just too many to list now I think about it and I'll be here all f**king night!.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Favourite game ever would just be edged as Morrowind.

I just got Morrowind, I have never played it before. I have all the expansions I believe. Can you recommend any mods or anything I should have on my first playthrough?

Favorite games-
Zombies ate my Neighbors - SNES
Call of Duty 4 - 360
Kid Chameleon - Genesis
Fable - PC
Halo 1 & 2 - Xbox
GTA 3 - Xbox
Mario 64 - N64
Mario Galaxy - Wii
Resident Evil 4 - GC/Wii
Jurrasic Park - Genesis

There is just Too many to name

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Definitely get the updated model plug-ins, also the environmental plug-ins, real world signs plug-in, weather plug-ins and texture packs. Also DL all the official plug-ins released by Bethesda. As for other expansions I can't recall another game that has so many mods available for it, best bet is to try a few out and see what floats your boat. Its been a long while since I played it now so I'm a little fuzzy off the top of my head.

Probably best to stick with the aesthetic updates to begin with and get into the main game, then once you either complete the game or start getting bored with the other things to do (note I was over 300 hours into the game before I even started bothering to make progress with the main storyline) then you can have a look at some of the excellent game mods that people have made. Because the game came with the full toolkit to make your own stuff, there is loads to choose from.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Thanks, Ill try and get some of those.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Looks like I have very similar taste as Retroguiden
Also have a very soft spot for the X2/3 games and the Dawn of War series.

Ah then, a man after my own taste. That makes me very curious, what are the X2/3 games and for what system? I'm not so sure about Dawn of war though since I tend to like turn-based startagy games more than RTS's.

Older games would be Elite, Dungeon Master, and Monkey Island.

Of course, how could I forget. But then again, I tried to only list games I tend to come back to over and over. So Monkey Island wouldn't really cut it. Dungeon Master would though. And Elite I'm not too sure of. I always loved the vast scope of the game and the features but I never thought it was good enough.

I just got Morrowind, I have never played it before. I have all the expansions I believe. Can you recommend any mods or anything I should have on my first playthrough?

The official patches and mods are a *must*. Then I personally can't do without "Indy Bank mod", a feature I really missed when I started playing Morrowind several years ago. The readable road signs are nice but not necessary. Other than that you should just browse around, but be careful too many mods that are not tested enough could mess up the game.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
X2 and X3 are space trading games very much in the same vein as Elite, but with sexy DX9 graphics and the ability to own entire fleets of ships eventually. A little bit like a scaled down offline version of Eve online.

I love RTS but don't really get on with turn based on the PC although I used to be fairly heavily into Warhammer Fantasy Battle and 40K tabletop games.

Monkey Island and Elite were very much games of their time and have been superceded long ago by more accomplished titles but both still get a bash every now and again, mainly for the nostalgia trip as I enjoyed them both so much at the time.