Windows 2000 Users!!!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I was waiting for a movie to start last night so i stumbled across CNN(on TV, not the site) and they were all panicked as most of their computers had problems from the virus.

Robert

We had a look at the virus problem at work today. It's only a problem if you have service pack 4, AND you're running the plug and play service.

mhl12

ya I read about this someone else.. looks pretty bad since most companies/businesses use win2000.

Jale

I've also heard that it affects a small part of Windows XP users, I mean, Service Pack 1 and below.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There is also a patch for Windows XP out for some time now. I don't have that installed but with an antivirus and firewall all is fine :)

Jale

I already have the patch, now Windows Update asks me to install Service Pack 2, but I don't want to :glare:

By the way, the worm has been classified as low-treath.

onewecallgod

low-treath.....

install the god damn service pack. youre only hurting yourself by not doing it. dont give me bullshit about SP2 problems, just do it on a clean install

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Better yet, slipstream it and build a new XP CD like I do. It's going to be like a new PC...