What happened to Zophar site?

montpics

Weird...... That site, Zophar is one of my regular sites I looked upon for emulators but somehow I just noticed that site hasn't been updated since at the end of last year. :eek:

Anyone know what happened? :confused:

hagbard

Since Zophar left it awhile ago, everything turn worse and worse. No one cares of updating. It's almost if not already a dead site

montpics

It's pretty sucks if you said is true. That site is one of the oldest emulation sites that still going strong ever since I visited that site in year 2000. :(

montpics

alcoatjez said:
It is a pity Zophar's isn't updated anymore, but I didn't like it since they brought those anoying pop-ups to the site. Just stick to Emu-France and Romhacking.net and you will get all the news you need :)
Don't forget to mention NGEMU as well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've been visiting Emu-France at times just looking for updated emulators only. :) (Only if I could understand French......)

Again, it still saddened me.

Zach

It's always sad to watch an emulation site die.

I remember when emux.com tried to resurface and then dissapeared off the face of the planet AGAIN..
And for those who don't know.. It was the place to find almost any ROM you wanted back in the 90's. Along with Plasticman.org (RIP) and many other great sites.

That was a kick in the gutt.

Last edited:

hagbard

Yes, I remember both. After that, some chinese sites become interesting and also others like playagain (R.I.P. too) until P2P suddenly hit.
Talking about the Spanish emulation scene, emuspain was the pioneer, then emumania and emulatronia became popular, as well as emudek (a bit more obscure site). Right now emulatronia is the only reference here

Last edited:

montpics

Playagain? Yeah, it was a good site. Along with mame.dk as well. Nice to mention those emulation sites which I almost forgot them. :)