• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Terminal Launch V

thePretender

Super fast, simple launcher without the pretty gui and bloat.
Select console -> Game -> Play!

I been working on this for a few years off and on. I think I have it the way I like it. Yes (to the old guys), I leaned toward the BBS look :cool:
Thanks for looking

Download the latest here (Mediafire)

pix07

Great project but sadly only for windows.

And by the way you can hosting it on github.

But now github collects data because was buyed by microsoft.

Or sourceforge which is better.

Last edited:

thePretender

Great project but sadly only for windows.

And by the way you can hosting it on github.

But now github collects data because was buyed by microsoft.

Or sourceforge which is better.
Hi.
This always produces an interesting debate, however, I'll just simply state as Linux is not for gaming, nor are any apple products (which are based on Linux cores(simplified answer), Tablets fall in the same category as well. Windows is the most logical choice for me. Now in defense of Linux, this could feasibly work, as I might write it in python or java, as I believe both will work on either OS.

Do misunderstand me, not a supporter of WINBLOWS, I am a big Linux nut,, however, the downside, I do not have the freedom to do what I want where my hobbies are. I am anti-win 10/11 for reasons suitable for another thread.

I have a few things on GitHub and a ton on sourceforge, I have not made this open-source yet. still tinkering with the source, and I think both sites prefer open source to use their site.

But!
If you can try it out, great - this might run on Linux, but under wine probably, Have not tested it.

thePretender

@pix07 Yuppers! however Steam Linux is extremely limited on what is available LOL, and SteamOS is horrible (imho). You can add me on steam (Ra7eN) The only nice thing about SteamOS I was happy to see, was that it used debian - it would have been crazy for something like "Arch" LOL!!

Retroarch is what motivated me to write my own. I just wanted a library to select a console, game, and play. Most of the big ones out there are just to bloated for me, and the setup is crazy. Mine is just 500 lines of code and does what it is designed to do. Not to mention I have an unhealthy addiction to DOS stuff. Old BBS SYSOP. heheh

thePretender

Yup got that, but it is still EXTREMELY limited when it comes to games. Steam SHOULD HAVE taken up ReactOS. It IS (an older version of) windows. Linux on the other hand, is NOT designed for games, I have almost a thousand games, and only a fraction of them work on steam OS/Linux, at least without hopping through hoops, or using some third party app or wine, so using it, would be moot, as I would have to switch all the time. Why would they use a system that does not allow its customers to utilize ALL of their games at their leisure? weird. They didn't need an OS anyways - sorta like Google trying to get into the social media craze (Google+ <-- original right) - wasn't needed and failed, steamOS failed for the same reason - wasn't needed.
Also speaking of, I noticed other frontends now adding other front ends LOL now thats just silly (IMHO!)