SNES and N64 backup units

Meatball

I have a ton of old N64 and SNES cartridges which I would like to emulate on my PC. I've tried downloading the ROMs but I find it nicer knowing where the ROM's have come from! Is it still possible to buy old SNES + N64 backup units that hook directly up to the PC? I was looking at the Doctor V64 for its serial connector and a similar unit for the SNES.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Is it still possible to buy old SNES + N64 backup units that hook directly up to the PC?
- Yes, some goggling will revile many. Ebay is another great source.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Ebay does not sell those since they would be taken down. I never even seen on on there. SNES backup units are rare, there are 2 N64 ones that are rare as well.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ebay does not sell those since they would be taken down. I never even seen on on there. SNES backup units are rare, there are 2 N64 ones that are rare as well.
I 'pos so. I rememebr at one time they were on there. If they are considered so bad or infringing some sort of rights I'm surprise they are talked about on here. At any rate, there are a lot of n64 backups..

Doctor V64
yan64bu
SP64
DX-256
... and more.

or you could get all in one Triad Data Backup Systemsa
not sure if the link is "ok" to post so check you PM Lots of good stuf at that link.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
You can get a simple dumper from the Tototek website pretty cheap.
I have 3 SNES copiers (1 broken), a GBA and a N64 copier ATM.

Meatball

Thanks for the help :). I tried eBay and googling but all the sites I found had nothing! How much do you think I'll be looking at for a Doctor V64/V64 Jr (In UK Pound Sterling)

I
or you could get all in one Triad Data Backup Systemsa
not sure if the link is "ok" to post so check you PM Lots of good stuf at that link.

I didn't get a PM :(.

Thanks,
Meatball

Last edited:

Zach

OK this thread is on thin ice..

No more open talk of where to get stuff please. Keep it in PM if you must.

If you want to discuss some place selling instructions on how to build an off the shelf unit, or you have your own designs to share, this is OK. But nothing retail.

Meatball

I've managed to source a popular cartridge backup unit from the states, should be arriving next week hopefully.

P.S: I hope this post is ok Zach, I haven't mentioned a specific name :).