Sega Dreamcast Rom Help! Getting Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 To Work

Maester Cobra

Maester Cobra - a New Guy :ninja:

Hey, Everyone! I know It's a little too late to bring this up, but I just barely downloaded Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast Emulator. It's the one with the 9 bootable .rar files. I used a program called Alcohol 120, converted the 9 files did all that stuff I was supposed to and it still didn't work on Chankast Alpha 0.25. Maybe I did something wrong . I don't Know what to do after having downloading the Rom file, which by the way is an ace file. I would really appreciate it if anyone would help.

Last edited:

montpics

You should extract the rar and ace files with WinRAR. :cool:

Maester Cobra

Ok, this is what I've done. I'd like to do this step by step in detail (if any one is willing to waste their precious time). I've already extracted the 9 ace files (supposedly ace format according to filename) with Winrar like I'm supposed to. And then I got the Daemon Tools Proram to work. But, first you gotta convert the 9 files into 1 big ISO and then you burn them right? Do You have to put them in a folder before burning them or do you just select the files? What program should I use to convert and burn the 9 files? Any ways, After You burn the disc you mount the image using Daemon Tools, you're supposed to Open Chankast, then you select the drive's letter and run disc. Nothing happened when I tried it. Like I wrote before I used a program called Alcohol 120% to convert the 9 files into ISO's and to mount the image. I did everything step by step and nothing worked. Maybe I used the wrong program to do it. Please somebody help me! I need to know what is next after extracting the 9 files with Winrar. :tomato:

Zach

Are you sure there aren't more files inside the files you extracted already ?

Pirates are notorious for zipping files inside other files for no reason.

I don't know how DC images work, but I would assume that in those 9 seperate files you talk about, there is either a Directory structure with all the game files, or an ISO or something that needs to be extracted first. As far as I know you can't just dump compressed files on a disc and play them in a DC like that, it makes no sense.

Last edited:

montpics

Maester Cobra said:
Ok, this is what I've done. I'd like to do this step by step in detail (if any one is willing to waste their precious time). I've already extracted the 9 ace files (supposedly ace format according to filename) with Winrar like I'm supposed to. And then I got the Daemon Tools Proram to work. But, first you gotta convert the 9 files into 1 big ISO and then you burn them right? Do You have to put them in a folder before burning them or do you just select the files? What program should I use to convert and burn the 9 files? Any ways, After You burn the disc you mount the image using Daemon Tools, you're supposed to Open Chankast, then you select the drive's letter and run disc. Nothing happened when I tried it. Like I wrote before I used a program called Alcohol 120% to convert the 9 files into ISO's and to mount the image. I did everything step by step and nothing worked. Maybe I used the wrong program to do it. Please somebody help me! I need to know what is next after extracting the 9 files with Winrar. :tomato:
Could you able to show up you WinACE/WinRAR contents? :)