question: xbox emulating

shortpurple5

The God you hail
hey,:) my xbox 360 just died, and its probably gonna take me a while to buy a new one, i was looking for a way to keep playing my games before i get withdrawals lol. i have an original xbox that would be good to play on, or even a ps2 or Wii (sounds even more doubtful to me lol) i have a comp i could emulate on, but its a rather crap old pc plus i prefer controllers anyway.

if there is anyway to do this, like at all, ide really appreciate someone telling me. i looked up emulating because ive played old supa nintendo games on mai brother in laws comp which was pretty awesome ^.^ but unfortunately never actually looked up emulators myself *shakes head at self*

Zach

In short.. No.

Best you can hope for is PSX/some PS2 shit as far as emulators goes. Why don't you see if its still in warranty.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Most emulators are for old consoles not new stuff. I can only thing of a few that emulated at the time of its prime.

n64 -> ultraHLE
GameCube-> Dolphin ( snv source ), and it now plays wii games well.

Bladex1200

If your PC is really as crappy as you claim it is, then you can't run more modern consoles.

Older consoles (NES, SNES, Genesis) have emulators that have on-board hardware to emulate the system's hardware. These older consoles have more primitive hardware, so a program can handle it. Your PC can probably run these types of emulators.

Newer emulators (Gamecube, Playstation 1 - 3, Xbox and 360, Wii) cannot emulate the system's hardware (graphics, sound, etc.) using on-board hardware because it's simply too complicated to program a program using today's technology. Instead, the PC's hardware is utilized and converted via BIOS files into hardware the emulator can use to run the console's games. These emulators are only suited for the most advanced PC. I have a laptop that was custom-made to run PC games and emulators at blazing fast speed. Your PC probably cannot handle these emulators.

If you really wanna play Xbox games, go get your console fixed. Other than that, enjoy playing Mario and Sonic! :D

onewecallgod

Newer emulators (Gamecube, Playstation 1 - 3, Xbox and 360, Wii) cannot emulate the system's hardware (graphics, sound, etc.) using on-board hardware because it's simply too complicated to program a program using today's technology. Instead, the PC's hardware is utilized and converted via BIOS files into hardware the emulator can use to run the console's games.
I had a laugh.