Need some help

Khronos77

I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to run my Shining Force 3 game on all the different Sega Saturn Emulators.

On SSF, I can't find any option to run the game. On Cassini I get an error when I try to run the SF3 cue bin...

Is there any way to start playing the rom on any Sega Saturn Emulator?

Could really use some help on this please.

Zach

Make sure the file being called in your .CUE file is the same name as the CD Image.

SSF has pretty straightforward options as well.. You weren't real specific about how you tried to use it though so no one can likely help you with that.

Last edited:

Khronos77

thx for your comments.

When I open SSF. I get the File, Hardware, and Options menu but nothing that indicates how to upload the rom. I have the shining force 3 rom which I downloaded off the internet and am trying to figure out how to get it working on SSF.

I downloaded Daemon Tools and don't have a clue how that works either. heh.

If someone could help guide me through this it would be GREATLY appreciated. My msn is Nicholas_Kohl@hotmail.com, if anyone has msn and knows how to get SSF going please add me.

Cheers. :)

Zach

Well Daemon tools is pretty straight forward. You download the install file and run it. Once it's installed you should get a new icon in your system tray (bottom right corner) that is like a red lightning bolt.

Right click on that, go to the Emulation menu on the popup list, and select "all options on".

Next right click again and go to the top most selection "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM" and a new submenu should pop up listing a drive letter. Select that tab to expand it again and it will show you an option that says "Mount Image", select that and a window will pop up and you can browse to where your CD-Image of the game is.

Once that is mounted you are good to go. In SSF open the options menu, the first tab "Peripheral" has the CD-Drive selection on that page, about 3 options down. If you don't know which drive is your daemon-tools drive just select each one until you get lucky.

After you set your options, close and restart SSF and the game should bootup if everythig is proper. I just did this myself to verify it works

Khronos77

Hey Zach, thx for the info.

I did everything you told me and encountered a few errors.

First off, when I mounted image on the Daemon Tools I mounted my .cue image for SF3. I heard a 5 second sound clip but that was about it. When I opened SSF and went to options I saw that I had no Saturn Bios File. I wonder if that's why I couldn't open the game.

Zach

I have no idea why you would hear a sound file when mounting an image.. Are you sure it's a real image and not something fake? The most that should happen is a new window might pop up showing the disc/image contents, like when you put a real CD-ROM in your physical drive.

I did boot Dracula X without a BIOS file, etc.. So I can't say if you need one for every game or not.