Is it worth?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Albatron 4870 SVGA is it the same as ATI HD 4870 and is it worth 180 USD new 1GB PCI EXPRESS 2.0 ?????

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Im not sure, you should check the ATI website. Im still in the past with ATI Radeon 8500 Graphics.

onewecallgod

$180 USD is high for a 1GB HD4870 in the US, but I'm not sure about prices from where you are.

They should be the same. Can you post the exact specs of both?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
all the info from the website :
Grapics Engine HD4870
Memory Size 1GB
Memory Bus 256bit
Memory Clock 3200MHz
Engine Clock 750MHz
DVI 1
D-SUB Output 1
TV-out N
Max. Resolution
Bus Standard PCI-E 2.0 x16
TV Tuner
HDMI Y

I think is pretty much the same.
Considerin that at my place this card cost at least 195 EU, i think i am gonna get this.

195EU=267USD at my place.

Thank u all.

Last edited:

Zach

A good 4870 should be closer to $150 for 1GB last time I looked. But yeah its essentially the same as reference model stuff. A lot of manufacturers sell overclocked version though, so maybe look around or consider spending a little more..

Although my next upgrade with likely be a GTX275 if I can ever manage to save the money

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Is it better than4870 and what is its cost?

Zach

GTX275 is pretty beefy in terms of price, average somewhere at or below $250 or more depending on the features and manufacturer.

I'd say GTX275 competes more with a 4890 than a 4870, however there are likely scenarious where the 275 wins and the 48xx series wins, etc. I'll stop short of calling a 4870 an even match though. It's been a while since I've looked at any benchmarks.

A 4890 is probably still cheaper than a GTX275 though. Just gotta look around and read reviews from reputable places (HardOCP, Tweakbench, Anandtech, and similar themed sites) Then when look at stores you would consider purchasing from, to compare prices and decent which one from which store will be the best deal for your money spent

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well i checked a little bit the benchmarks of two ati normal cards , the 4670 and 4830 , while the 4830 has more procesing power ,i was confused by reviews which says the 4670 is almost the same as 4850. I am asking this because i am going to buy one of these two cards with the price of 80 USD the 4670 and 100 USD the 4830???

Which is the difference except the procesing units ?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Thanks man ,i was actually goin to buy it,u save my day.