How do I use the R4 flash card for my DS?

Jeff-496

I'm thinking of buying an R4 flashcard so I can play Snes, GBA and maybe an ocassional DS game on my DS console. From what I understand, I need a Micro SD card to copy the data onto, then I need to plug the Micro SD card into the R4 card. Where can I find a Micro SD card for this? I'm not entirely sure what it is. Thanks in advance.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You can buy microSD cards from most electronics retailers and camera shops.

The R4 comes with a USB drive which you plug the MicroSD card into. You lug this into your PC, drag any games onto the drive, then plug the MicroSD card back into the R4 cartridge, plug that into your DS cartridge slot and you're done.

onewecallgod

You can look around the R4 forum for compatability, but for the most part they all work except for SDHC (cards greater than 4gb).

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I'm thinking of buying an R4 flashcard so I can play Snes, GBA and maybe an ocassional DS game on my DS console. From what I understand, I need a Micro SD card to copy the data onto, then I need to plug the Micro SD card into the R4 card. Where can I find a Micro SD card for this? I'm not entirely sure what it is. Thanks in advance.

Just some added info: you can't play GBA games with the R4.

Jale

Some R4 cards come with a MicroSD card (mostly 1 GB), but that depends where it's being sold. As for compatibility issues, it's recommended to get them from quality brands such as SanDisk (which has been doing great since I've been using it). As for the cappacity that depends on the firmware version or other factors such as the cart version.