Wilderness Survival

Zidane

Social Hazzard
I know this is far fetched that any of us will ever be in a survival situation but I would like to know what you know about surviving the wilderness.

Climate : sub tropics to thick forest

Weather range : From sun to hail

Tools : your bare hands

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I've been to a semi-survival situation. For five days in the "wild" we had only canned food and rope tents =_=

I dont recomment this to anyone unless you are prepared to catch a cold after the fifth day...

Overall it was fun along with the other things we had to do.

Edea

I think if forced I could survive for a while. I have learned a few tricks (thanks to my husband) about survival. I could hunt and kill and cook without a problem. I would not starve.

Of course I would die without my internet though :p

RockY

L H D T P M
Originally posted by Edea@Apr 30 2004, 10:11 PM
I think if forced I could survive for a while. I have learned a few tricks (thanks to my husband) about survival. I could hunt and kill and cook without a problem. I would not starve.

Of course I would die without my internet though :p
Do you have a hunting knife? :unsure:

caleb

to many of ur pleasure, i think i would die, even with a knife and stone, but the thought of getting home and playing my ps2 might save my life

onewecallgod

the key to survival is to get lots of water... you can live for weeks without food, but only a short time without the wet stuff

onewecallgod

10 days seems a bit much even in wet, cold conditions... i was thinking about 2 or 3 tops

Edea

I heard it was 7 days however I don't know for a fact. There are so many nice tricks to acquiring water though you shouldn't have to go that long.

-In the woods, cut a grapevine close to the ground and the water that the vine has stored will leak out.
-For food, follow an animal. Anything that animal eats you can eat. And chances are that animal will know where water is too.

(Just a couple things to think about ^^ )

nesman

at most i probably can survive quite a time in the wilderness. i go outside a lot so i kinda adapt to the surroundings

Zach

You could send my brother into the wilderness for a month and he'd probably come back 10 pounds heavier