Nintendo falling apart?

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
Since the release of "Nintendogs" we are all wondering what Nintendo is aiming it's games at? Young 8 year old girl gamers? Ok, yea Nintendo might have had SOME decent games, but is Nintendogs a look into the future for Nintendo? Are these the games we should expect with the Revolution, and if that is the case, is it going to loose all competition with the new x box 360 and ps3?? Any feed back, thoughts, comments would be apppreicated.

edit: crap i just realized i posted this in the wrong place, could a mod please move it.

Last edited:

Saq

Nintendo isnt losing it. Sure there game development for different stuff may seem wierd, but it's a change for the better.

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
How is it a change for the better? Seems like to me they're going for last ditch efforts so save themselves.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
Deezbeez, you cant forget that nintendo still has there old game titles,
mario, zelda, and ummm..., yeah there new stuff is geared tword kids sadly
but nintendo's goal is to make games for all ages, they are doing that with more and more parents complaining about violent games

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
Nintendo's goal is to save there asses by maing games for little kiddes. Granted they have had good titles in the past and might possibly in the future but you can't help but admit that they're doing whatever they can to make some money.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
but nintendo's goal is to make games for all ages=Nintendo's goal is to save there asses by maing games for little kiddes

that gameboy micro is a prime example of there money making scheme
get the parents(who have the money) to buy there [explict] merchendise
nintendo even said that is the goal of the micro,
why push the micro when they have the DS, money making scheme,
and yes people do fall for it

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
But the only way they're going to succed is by being little bitches about it, selling out in a sense. It kinda sickens me to see how nintendo use to be and now they have to go to this just to make some money.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
absolutely, sega too, i mean look at the newest sonic games, geared tword little kids, not as good as sonic 3, these new games are the are good reasons to use emulators
and dont get me started on billy hacterd

belmont

Ninty tried to obtain people from all ages but failed.
The GameCube had only two 18+ games (Eternal Darkness,RE4).
GBA had only a few 16+ games (I think these were the Castlevania ones)
It is clear that,beside Nintendogs and the new Pokemon games,Nintendo wants to change this on DS (and Revolution) with games like Castlevania:Dawn of Sorrow and Resident Evil DS.
I think the plan will fail again.Everyone has understood that 1st party Nintendo games will be for children and only some 3rd party games will be for adults.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
its called the Teddy Bear scheme, Windwaker, good game, cartoon like so that parents will buy it, and at the end i still got to stab Ganon in the head, loved every minuet of the game, but the cel shading made me feel like i needed to grow up

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
I remeber seeing that game for the first time thinking "well this is preety good for gba" then as i found out it was cube my jaw dropped open. Will games every go back to real quality for nintendo or will it be this kiddy shit forever?

belmont

Wind Waker was the worst Zelda game ever made.I didn't like it at all.
I don't think twlight princess will save anything,it is very late for Game Gube.
We'll see what will happen in the next generation of consoles.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
Behold the FACES OF EVIL

facesshot2.jpg

faceofevil.jpg

this actualy went fo $80 bucks on eBay

cdi4.jpg

Turn Away, Do Not Download, Unforseen Consequences Shall Come To Those Whom Play This Forsaken Piece Of Horse Shit

Zach

I hate to break it to all your experts but you need to get your heads checked.

Nintendo is not "saving their asses", is not changing the way they make games because soccer moms or senator's are bitching about violence, and is certainly not making games to cater to "8 year old girls"

Do any of you even know anything about Nintendo?

Nintendo has ALWAYS made games for children. ALWAYS. There have been more mature games put out sure, but Nintendo's focus has ALWAYS been simple games kids can enjoy, and older players can appreciate for their technical challenges.

How many of you grew up on Nintendo? How many of you have played even the most primitive NES games? I bet half of you people complaining are just angst ridden teenagers who can't even beat games without half-assed Gameshark codes.

Mario, Zelda - Newsflash! Kids titles... All the more mature games on Nintendo's systems have historically come from third party developers, except for rare instances. Nintendo has always made innovative and different games that no one else has tried, and they will keep doing it for years to come.

Nintendo did for consoles what Bill Gates did for IBM PC's. They know who their core consumer base is, and they are in NO danger of dying. Even if their NA foothold was ever destroyed, they would live on in Japan with no problem

Last edited:

belmont

Nintendo has always made innovative and different games
I disagree.ALL the Zelda and Pokemon games are exactly the same.The only things that change are 3d grafics etc.The gameplay is the same.
Even if their NA foothold was ever destroyed, they would live on in Japan with no problem
If it hadn't been for GBA Nintendo would know be a 3rd party developer,just like SEGA.