Tapatalk support for the forums?

RoseyDreamy

A Kawaii Being
Hey,

I was wondering, like some other forums out there powered by vBulletin and XenForo (and some other software too) could this board get Tapatalk support added?

If you don't know, Tapatalk is an app that allows you to easily access forums on-the-go using a phone or other device, instead of having to provide a mobile version of the site you can just use tapatalk to make posts and threads, login, and browse the forums in a native format (so less work done on developers' end here).

I'm going on holiday next week and would like to access these forums but want to do it in a more convenient way than just the normal desktop view which can be annoying on mobiles. ;)

Anyone agree?
Thanks.

pix07

ask Admin he is law here

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I'll bring the matter up, no promises though.

Also, the problem is relying on an service external provider.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
No, at least for the time being I will not add Tapatalk.

From a user perspective it may seem convenient, but for admins it could add extra problems, such as for example allowing spammers to register through Tapatalk and bypass the custom forum plugin I wrote to block spam registrations.

These threads are not exactly praising Tapatalk either:
https://theadminzone.com/threads/tapatalk-poll-yes-or-no.138525/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tapatalk-yes-or-no.66772/

I do realize the vBulletin 4 (our forum software) skin we use doesn't work very well on mobile. Maybe there is something to do about that instead.

RoseyDreamy

A Kawaii Being
Didn't realise that it could break existing plugins and such to stop spammers, I can see your reasoning behind that.

You might want to look into developing a responsive theme or simply adding a 'mobile site' plugin/theme that some sites have, not sure about the availability of this in vBulletin 4, though.

nelonew

Hey,

I was wondering, like some other forums out there powered by vBulletin and XenForo (and some other software too) could this board get Tapatalk support added to liteblue.usps.gov?

If you don't know, Tapatalk is an app that allows you to easily access forums on-the-go using a phone or other device, instead of having to provide a mobile version of the site you can just use tapatalk to make posts and threads, login, and browse the forums in a native format (so less work done on developers' end here).

I'm going on holiday next week and would like to access these forums but want to do it in a more convenient way than just the normal desktop view which can be annoying on mobiles. ;)

Anyone agree?
Thanks.

The support is pretty is awesome.

Last edited:

GASIYAT

Banned
Didn't realise that it could break existing plugins and such to stop spammers, I can see your reasoning behind that.

You might want to look into developing a responsive filezilla uc browser rufus theme or simply adding a 'mobile site' plugin/theme that some sites have, not sure about the availability of this in vBulletin 4, though.

I'm going on holiday next week and would like to access these forums but want to do it in a more convenient way than just the normal desktop view which can be annoying on mobiles.

Last edited: