how can i rip a gamecube game a into .gcm file?

hagbard

Is a command line utility used to upload/stream ISO (GCM, GC game images) and DOL (GC executables) files from PC to GC. Easy to find with a google search, anyway get it here, files section

Genome

north west south west
so i bought a scratchy copy of windwaker from gamestop ( i hate gs:fuckyou: ) anyway i had to clean it with my scratch removal kit to get it to play since it didnt work at first. so anyway im kinda worried about how long it will surive (im a collector and right now i want a the full zelda anthology) so i was wondering if i could get a mini disk and copy the iso of windwaker to it. i guess would a normal minidisk have enough space to hold the game. also can the gamecube read generic disks? (i know the xbox cant)

hagbard

I think you mean 8 cm Mini-DVD. Yes, but the GC it's a bit choosy about brands, only a few would work depending on your DVD burner too, and supposing you can to load it via soft or hard mod. Do you want further info? Take a look here

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Thanks for the link, hagbard! I just bought myself a Broadband adapter. Now just a crossover UTP cable and PS1&2 and I'm set :)

hagbard

Looks to be a joke, anyway I recommend using ImgBurn for burning GCM (and every DVD) images, it supports the non standard GC disc format and works perfectly.

animus

okay now i have a gcm file but its 1.5GB!!
so if i have a gcm file on my cp i can play the game whit the emulator?
or do i have to do something else? because my emulator cant open it no error its just idling.

ahmed salah

Pardon me if i haven't understood correctly but what i got out of this is that to create a gcm file i have to connect my gamecube to my computer.
well if i had a gamecube i wouldn't be downloading emulators would i ?

My question is: can i emulate originaly bought gamecube games without owning a gamecube

hagbard

Yes you can, but have to find the GCM (ISO) images of the games by yourself, it's not allowed here to ask for them. Also you should know GC emulators work very slow on today's PCs

ahmed salah

i have (by some means) copied the files from the original dvd to the computer
i only need to rip them into a gc image

hagbard

I'm not sure if I have undertood correctly, but I only know how to extract the whole data in the GC Mini DVDs to a PC, and the result should be a GCM/ISO file.

Anyway, if you want to create a GCM image in order tu burn and run it on a real GC, you might try GCIC and GC-Tool. You can get that tools here:

http://modthatcube.pxn-os.com/

Crypt

EDIT: how bout i jus ask, How can i play Smash Bros on my PC?

thanks

Hey, ive been wondering how to turn my Smash Bros into a rom. I have bought it 3 times and it always gets scratched up.

I really didnt understand the thing with PSO, i dont own any of those programs or stuff to hook my GC up to my computer.

Sorry if i sound stupid.

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
@Crypt: Don't try it. SSBM is not emulated by the GC emulators that are out.
@mdnpacual: Don't request ISOs here.

Ario

hagbard said:
@yugiohmaster: Using the GC's BBA (Broad Band Adapter) plugin with network cable to your PC / Router, but with no "emulator", just some apps

Ooh, you mean an ethernet cable right?
Could someone link me to full instructions on how to do this, I have a wireless router, and 'm sure I ould find a BB adapter through a little begging.