View Poll Results: YES OR NO

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

21 65.63%
  • NO

11 34.38%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I start banning people who claim to have 360/PS3 emulators?

Crazed Poster

Default Should I start banning people who claim to have 360/PS3 emulators?

Enjoy this rare opportunity for democracy.
    Last edited by onewecallgod; February 24th, 2010 at 22:23.
    I hate all of you, especially donkeyknob.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should I start banning people who claim to have 360/PS3 emulators?

I vote yes! Not like you can expect then to read a rule, even if its plastered on there forehead.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

Its a double edged sword. I would definitely be in favour of banning numpties claiming they have a working 360/PS3 emulator as it causes confusion among the uninitiated, wastes peoples time, will inevtiably generate pointless support requests etc.

However the other side of the coin is that there are likely to be a number of excited but otherwise harmless users posting here after seeing shill vids on Youtube and not realising that they are fake.

I would be in favour of a warning followed by a ban in cases linking vids and outright bans to any users claiming to have it working.

Blog Entries

However the other side of the coin is that there are likely to be a number of excited but otherwise harmless users posting here after seeing shill vids on Youtube and not realising that they are fake.
    Hey now, you can mix flipping coins with reversing swords? LOL

This is true, but do we really want that kind here? I truly do like a forum with a lot of members, but a lot of good members. I hardly ever have a question anymore and feel I give more then take on this board. So in that I'm a bit biased I will admin. I do love to help where I can but get sick of people that jut cant take the time to read or think before posting. Granted you cant stop that, but things like this help and that I'm im favor of.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; February 26th, 2010 at 17:57.

Forums

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

TBH mate in the main, people looking for support are going to be people new to the scene or kids looking for freebies. I'm all for banning people who don't heed a friendly warning but I think an immediate ban would also catch out the uninitiated who might otherwise be perfectly good users.

You're obviously not familiar with the ancient coinblades we use over here in blighty!.

Blog Entries

You're obviously not familiar with the ancient coinblades we use over here in blighty!.
    nice!

"good users" will seldom advertise silly posts like a 360 emulator. I dont think that end of the blade is sharp enough.

Forums

Crazed Poster

You know, I think a thread close and an infraction is good enough. Seems like the people who I infract, but would've rather banned, don't seem to come back anyways.

Blog Entries

Good point, or perhaps that fact they had no purpose here in the first place, thus not returning.

Forums

I voted yes, but is there really much point? I haven't seen anyone claiming that they did have Ps3/360 emulators. Why? Is that like the latest bot advertisement fad? Or is it like a rogue link to a Malware infested website?

Crazed Poster

You haven't seen them because I've deleted some, maybe all, can't remember.

Thread Information