im about to get a DS but i have some Qs

alexphoenix

Ok so im probably gonna get a DS lite tomorrow but I want to be able to load DS roms and GBA games.

How's the quality for the GBA emulator and gba roms? because i have gbSP for my psp but the roms I like dont run nice at all.

Also do you have to actually play around with the DS like the PSP to actually load roms or ISOs whatever the DS runs?

anything else i should know?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
If you buy a card like the R4DS that goes in the DS slot you can play NDS ROMs directly, without modifying them. You can't play GBA games then.
I don't know if you can do this with a GBA slot solution.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The R4 is without doubt the best and easiest route to using DS software. Just plug it into the PC drag any files into the drive and plug it back into the DS cart slot.

If you want to play GBA games as well you could try something like the G6. This comes with a passcard that fits into the DS cart slot, and a game cart that fits into the GBA slot and can play both DS and GBA software. However its not as user friendly as the R4 and you have to use dedicated software to transfer any files to and from it.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Thank you for the information, FT :)
I'm considering buying a G6. Although I only use my R4 for (re)dumping GBA games (for No-Intro), it would be nice to play that excellent Mother 3 translation on my DS :happy:
Mods: there are no ROMs there, just the .ips patch ;)

onewecallgod

I believe an R4DS and the EZ 3 in 1 expansion card (slot 2) is the easiest way to do GBA. However I've heard that the team who developed the R4 is going to drop support really soon.