Running .gba files on a DS homebrew... thang

TheLastRobot

Hey, I'm having a little trouble with my little... I don't know the technical term for this thing. It's a little DS cartridge with a MicroSD slot, so I can run .nds files on my DS. I'm sure you've seen tons of these.

Anyway, so this thing's pretty cool and I love it to pieces, but here's the thing. I want to figure out how, if possible, to run a .gba file on it. It's called a DSTT, this particular model.

So, I put a .gba file onto the card. It doesn't show up with the other games. No surprise. I try adding a ".nds", making the filename "FILE.gba.nds". I didn't really expect that to work either, and sure enough it didn't.

Does anyone know of a way I can get my .gba files to run on this thing? The website is at http://www.ndstt.com but it's in Japanese, so if anyone can read Japanese that would be pretty awesome.

Thanks!

Zach

Not sure but you may need an actual GBA flash cart to play GBA games on the DS.

My bro recently bought a flash cart, so I will ask him if he got his to work and how.. renaming something with windows explorer's rename function won't do anything unless you have the actual file extensions showing (they are hidden by default) as it will simply add the extension you tried to change it to, to the file name..

Plus that doesn't really work, they are two different filetypes and expect to be read different ways and store data differently usually.

Zach

Well the one my bro has, he says it worked fine, he used Ez Flash software or something like that.

Have you tried that software?

Hrothgar

Hey Zach, this may be a really weird question out of no where, but you mentioned having a brother and you look similar to someone I know. Would you happened to related to someone named Jeremy Johnson?