The ultimate controller box has begun AKA Bliss-Box

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
i dont know if its a bit late for suggestions, but would it be possible to like, use a gamecube controller on say, a dreamcast emulator? or would you have to go out and buy the controllers for each port?
- Yup Like Genome said I commented on that. back 5 posts (counting this one) up. I'm planning on implementing that as well. Not quite as easy to go usb to Xcontroler, but its my goal.

and if there is you can use any controller with any emulator. the controllers arent hard wired into the emulator. its fully customizable. in fact i often use my usb nes controller to play mario 64.
- I think he means to use a nes on a n64 console for example.

Last edited:

willyham

Parselmouth
this is the awsomei-est thing ive ever read about :) it actually is a sweet idea...hope u get it working and make a huge how-to tutorial for us lazy ass's to lazy to do it ourselves...once again this is awsome, almost as awsome as the err ther BlissBox lol:p

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
this is the awsomei-est thing ive ever read about it actually is a sweet idea...hope u get it working and make a huge how-to tutorial for us lazy ass's to lazy to do it ourselves...once again this is awsome, almost as awsome as the err ther BlissBox lol
- Yes the tut's are here, and I wont miss a step. http://bliss-box.net/blissbox/

Please anything you wish to comment or add do so. I don't believe one person has all the answers or ideas. To me it is about co-op. Aside from a little glitch things have been moving nicely.

Oh Genome, here is a quick check list so far.

psx, n64, GC, sega 3-6 button and master-system, Atari, nes, snes. And posibly more, but I have not tested them since I done own the controllers.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok update:
I put the info about burning on my site so refer to http://bliss-box.net/blissbox/
under the walkthru section for detail.

I talk to the guy that made all this possible about adding a few controllers and that I was going to try to make Saturn work, he said this.
Sega Saturn? I'm planning to support them too. Right now,
I'm waiting for a pair of controllers to arrive. I will soon
start coding and testing. I think the code will be similar to the
one needed for Genesis, but without support for older non-genesis
controllers and 3/6 button auto-detection hell.

He also goes on to mention the psx code.

So I'm gong to start on DC

ps, if any one has a Saturn 3d controller they are willing to send to me for testing please PM me. I want to support the analog also.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
just a quick update on the progress.

most cable ends are moving along, few snags on the hard ones.

working controllers
xbox
usb
nes
sens
psx
n64
gc
atari
sega 3-6 button (saturn looking promising)

Looks like tg-16 and duo will work fine. but I dont have the controllers to test with yet. Also the 3d sega should work, that one is on its way. coleco controllers are on there way and I dont have intely yet.

trouble with DC and sega saturn ends, may use ext cables (makes over all cost hight)

Also note I can make a costum adapter with any of the know working above, just PM me if interested....

also here is a look at the front half of the adapter..

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think I just found gold..

For now, the project is continuing, and soon ill post Genome panel pics.

I just wound a way to get any controller to work on any system. A project a guy has been working on. His design was to use an arcade stick on any system, well I'm able to piggy back on his device. So.. this means any controller on any system.

If you want to use a snes on n64, you could (granted missing a few buttons) or dream cast on nes (if you wanted to ).. Or so is would seem.. Also he says he can configure buttons on the fly, how i dont know yet..

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I hate to double post but since the edit feature expires I can add to my lost post..:mad:

Wanted to add that turbo grafic is making promising progress. I dont have a duo to test with but rg16 may be working soon.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok bliss panel pics..

Full view
S4021481.JPG

front view
S4021482.JPG

S4021483.JPG

S4021485.JPG

back view
S4021484.JPG

The panel is non finalized yet, needs some design and color. I'll let gnome take care of that. The serial (db9, sega) Are not attached yet do to the wiring I need to do on the tg16.

Also tg16/duo 3 buttons are done.

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
wow its beautiful. its better than i had ever pictured. i cant wait to plug that baby in.

man i just bought the resident evil movie double feature dvd last night and i was thinking about how bad i want to finish my files on nemesis up.

great work man very well done. im sure you will be able to move some of those bad boys.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ya, I'm creating quite the interest over in underground gamer. Here is the entire panel un-assembled. Just a matter of wiring up the interface and finishing the programmeing.

blisspanel.JPG

For upgrading you have 3 options.

Buy a burner from me and do it your self.

Disconnect the panel interface and ship it to me.

Remove the chips and send them to me. ( removal instructions available)

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
thanx Ryanfaescotland.

NEWS: I had a request for a dual sega, Took one day to make..

bm2.jpg

bm3.jpg

bm4.jpg

No it does not fly.. but it does support

Simultaneous 2 player sega master system.
Simultaneous 2 player sega gen 3/6 button
Simultaneous 2 player atari and vintage ( i.e intellivision )
Via an upgrade ( currently WIP ) Simultaneous 2 player 3do
If I missed a 9 pin (db9) controller let me know.

Also Bliss-panel is just about finished. More news on that later, waiting on parts..

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Sorry for the double post, had to add some info.

First, I'm now a master at making the fittings. I have perfected the art of molding parts. I can now toss them on the cement floor and they bounce. *** Please note: the same experiment can not be used for hard hardheadedness*** ;)

Second, The code is being merged.. I also learned, contrary to popular belief, that the coleo' and inti' are not ATARI STICKS!! Those number pads are part of the over all design and the calculations for those pads are not easy. Though.. inteli's ready.

So far I have snes,nes,atari,inteli',sega 3/6, tg16,ne6/cg, saturn ( around the corner ), xbox all on one board. WOW talk about a price drop.... More to come...

Last edited:

aevans0001

Any update on this?

So i read through most of this and I viewed your website, but I have some questions...

What prototypes do you have right now. Do you have the Box idea completed? The arcade box for Gen is this done I see that it costs about $300, did this include Intellivision and Coleco and all of that... It would be nice to see what all systems are currently supported. Maybe on the website. Teh website is great and all but it is hard to tell what the current progress ison the project.. I am very interested in ordering one of these great devices but I would want a "finished" panel. I am very excited about this as now I just use my xbox 360 controllers.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
an update is coming thing have been slow. and here come the holidays..

What prototypes do you have right now.
all of my prototypes are on the site. Mainly custom builds for people.

Do you have the Box idea completed?
My target is not met, still programming protocols.

The arcade box for Gen is this done I see that it costs about $300, did this include Intellivision and Coleco and all of that...
No he wanted it before those where finished. Coleco is only theory I dont have that controller. intilli is now finished.

please price talk in PM email only, EZ staff does not like that ;)

It would be nice to see what all systems are currently supported. Maybe on the website. Teh website is great and all but it is hard to tell what the current progress ison the project..
The supported items are marked at the bottom marquee. Thx for the tip, i'll work on a progress tab!

I am very interested in ordering one of these great devices but I would want a "finished" panel. I am very excited about this as now I just use my xbox 360 controllers.
I got your email, lets work it out there!

Zach

If you ever have this up to a finished state or whatever you'd consider retail viable... I'd love to get my hands on a review model.. And you'd get some interview press via OSG as well.

I need a good project like this to get me motivated to complete and publish another issue..

I likely couldn't afford to buy one from you, but I'd consider myself a fairly reputable man, and would certainly return it if it came as a loan-out.