Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The ultimate controller box has begun AKA Bliss-Box

married, loving life, and couldnt be happier.

Default Re: The ultimate controller box has begun AKA Bliss-Box

ulalalo you know i have a dire need of this device. my project...which im nervous to speak of outload here... requires such a device and belive it or not 100 clams is pretty cheap compared to rest of the stuff im buying.

2 500 gb hdd, a $200 arcade stick, etc.

this is really going to be the heart of the beast though as the main focus was to achive exactly what this device offers. i can personally send you 2 female nes plugs, i know thats not much right now but its a start right? i will obviously gather alot more before i spend the $$$ for shipping. i will look around flea markets, yard sales, salvation army. whatever it takes to get you as many plugs as i can then i will send them all to you at once. i suggest you do the same too to save time.love the led idea i was thinking something similar as well

it will be later next week before i can send you my project log, my pc is currently at a co-workers for torrenting. i shall scan what i have written down, make a photoshop projection of the finished item, and tell you (in pm of course) what i have in mind. if you like i can give you everything you need to duplicate it for yourself

im going out of town for the weekend so i will have to gather it all next week. i think you will be very impressed. i know that i am with what you put up here. i really hope this all pans out. you have no idea how many hundreds of hours ( and dollars )this could save me

as for mine a face plate is really a must, as this is going to be built into something. perhaps fitting it with a couple of places for screws on the ends. obviously we will have lots of time to decide all of this stuff.

just thought of something. im going to go to the local classic gaming store, and ask if they have any parts or busted systems they are junking, never know if they could have some useful items to grab for free.
    Last edited by Genome; October 19th, 2007 at 04:49.
    My home arcade project is offically underway!

keep posted on it!!!

Pictures of my nearly finished box up now at...

http://forums.emulator-zone.com/show...5707#post85707

and video at...
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...8-6a57fad40dac

Blog Entries

ulalalo you know i have a dire need of this device. my project...which im nervous to speak of outload here... requires such a device and belive it or not 100 clams is pretty cheap compared to rest of the stuff im buying.

2 500 gb hdd, a $200 arcade stick, etc.
    - Ya you and me both .. Oh dont you know it. 100 is a dream for any one like us, Are there any others?? What can we say we just love are emu boxes... I rememebr my old plan to build a stand up arcade emu box. .. Never did find a broken arcade box cheep enough.

i can personally send you 2 female nes plugs, i know thats not much right now but its a start right?
    - I have 2 and I'm getting a 4 score , so yes its a big save since I want to build two of these at once, (yours and mine). Just get with my on hotmail.

i suggest you do the same too to save time.
    - as we type.. Well not literally.

it will be later next week before i can send you my project log, my pc is currently at a co-workers for torrenting. i shall scan what i have written down, make a photoshop projection of the finished item, and tell you (in pm of course) what i have in mind. if you like i can give you everything you need to duplicate it for yourself
    - Ya, Still waiting to see whats this is,,,,

as for mine a face plate is really a must, as this is going to be built into something. perhaps fitting it with a couple of places for screws on the ends. obviously we will have lots of time to decide all of this stuff.just thought of something. im going to go to the local classic gaming store, and ask if they have any parts or busted systems they are junking, never know if they could have some useful items to grab for free.
    - Ya I'm thinking of a few graphic designing as well.. And yes it never hurts to ask...
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Blog Entries

BTW Tera byte drives are really coming down in price...

Didn't mean the double post..
    Last edited by ulaoulao; October 19th, 2007 at 19:10.

Forums

Haunter = best pokemon

this seems like a pretty good project, and if it where for sale, i'd definitely buy it! still, here's a suggestion:
    would you be able to make it like, attach, to all consoles? like instead of just pc, it works in gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast etc. so that if you only have a gamecube controller you could plug it into a PS2 and use it on that? you know, i think this sounded better in my head but what the heck.
    I have started reading the Honka-Bali-Woo-Woo at: 22:00 at GMT on the 27th of October 2007
    I finished on: 2:55 at GMT on the 28th of October 2007. That took me 5 hours and 55 minutes!!!(+ one hour for daylight savings time

Out From Under A Rock.. Desert Drifter's Avatar

ulaoulao: Looks great, something I would be into, even got an Atari stick input. Maybe when ya release it, you should open a market here, you got a knack for a wiring man.

Blog Entries

Hey DD.. Er I mean Desert Drifter DD doesn't sound right. Ya I'm thinking of making a vintage port instead of a buch of db9's. Just one with a db9 that supports all of the old stuff. They used to use that connector for every thing back then. The adapter circuit I have supports all of them.

Also a bit of an update on the project:

After much searching and talking. The best price I could find for controller connectors (extension cables) was 1.75 per. So I decided to look in to making them. Turns out its possible with a moulding kit I found. So I guess Ill be in the casting business also. And Looks like custom boxes will not be a problem. So I can build any type of box.

I'm still not sure if I should make a 4 in one (2 for vintage) , or just a 1 style box. I guess I need to take a vote. If any one would like to cast a vote for what they think would be better or would like let me know. that is the 4 player version or one player version switch box.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; October 28th, 2007 at 16:29.

Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ulaoulao View Post
    Hey DD.. Er I mean Desert Drifter DD doesn't sound right. Ya I'm thinking of making a vintage port instead of a buch of db9's. Just one with a db9 that supports all of the old stuff. They used to use that connector for every thing back then. The adapter circuit I have supports all of them.
    Fine with me, not like their really in demand these days anyhow. DD...? Yeah, doesn't sound like me, usually everyone just calls me: Drifter or by my first: Drake.

Blog Entries

Fine with me, not like their really in demand these days anyhow.
    - True, just adding them for kicks and to make it more of a compete controller box.

Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ulaoulao View Post
    - True, just adding them for kicks and to make it more of a compete controller box.
    Couldn't agree of ya more. It's fun to re-live an era that is not possible of these days.

Blog Entries

Another thing that would be really helpful from anyone, is to list what connectors you would like.

So far my though is to break it up in to these sections.

- NES -

nes
    snes
    n64
    gc

- sega -

ms/gen/mm all use db9 (aka serial mouse )
    Saturn
    dc

- psx -
    ps1/2 the same
    3 I think its wireless now.

- xbox -

xbox 1 / 2 - same
    xbox 3 wireless WIP

- vintage -

intellivision - db9 i think?

colecovision- no idea?

Atari STe, Atari Falcon030, Atari Jaguar - used vga style I think?

tg16 - WIP

I may make one universal wireless adapter , not sure how much luck ill have here.

Forums

Thread Information