Youtube Rules

Kelvin742

If you put youtube videos on private, does that make you have a lower chance of them getting deleted? I've seen videos of anime shows online (full ones) that are shown to the public that have many views and they aren't deleted, why is that?

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Youtube itself does not do all the deleting. Its mainly scouts from that said company that sit on the website, and look for videos to delete, and report it to youtube for deletion. If your vids are private, it is impossible for scouts to find.

Kelvin742

So, if my vids are private, the chances of them getting deleted are 0 percent?

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I would not say 0 since I am always look at the worst scenarios in life, but give 1 vid a shot for 5 days. They only delete your account if you get too many vids deleted. There are so people on youtube that does this practice. Some even mispell names of the vids to make it so it would be harder to find. I know one vid that suppose to be deleted that has been there for 2 years because it was misnamed. Even after the many video purges it went through.

Last edited:

Kelvin742

In my old account, I used to put music videos which got deleted like 6 months later. I've seen music videos that have been viewed 1 million times and they are still here.

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
I'm not entirely certain how that comment is relevant, but whatever. Anyway, just realize that there is always a chance that your video(s) will be deleted, just having it be a private video lowers the chances a bit. What are you planning on posting anyway? :confused: Just curious.