WII emulation question

Jale

Indeed. The controller is a big issue here. For example, WarioWare Smooth Moves. How the heck are you gonna rotate that Wii controller? Well, emu programmers will surely find a way to solve this.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Indeed. The controller is a big issue here. For example, WarioWare Smooth Moves. How the heck are you gonna rotate that Wii controller? Well, emu programmers will surely find a way to solve this.

I think the only way will be to connect a Wiimote to your PC. There are already instructions on the net on how to do this.
I really don't see another way how to do this.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I have a Wii myself. The Wiimote can't just rotate right and left, but also up and down and around it's axis. There's no way you can emulate this behavior by using a mouse.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with alcoatjez on most points here: Wii emulation will be possible once GameCube emulation improves. As for controllers: just hook up an original Wii-mote, as it's simply another Bluetooth device. Not using a Wii-mote will only work for those games that don't really rely on it (like Excite Truck in some extend I think).

Of course... don't hold your breath. It could be a while (if ever) before proper playable Wii emulation is made possible.