Why no Computer emulators?

Alucard_The_Dex

Angery Mame User
I see alota game emulators and such but nothing for Operating systems. For instance Qemu emulates hardware to run a OS on. Its Emulation isnt it? Just wondering.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Um there are Macintosh emulators that are emulated up to OS9 (Sheepshaver, and some other I can't pronounce), and one for X, but its slow. Plus some other emulators that emulate stuff I could not remember.

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Haven't you heard of VMware and VirtualPC? They are probably the most used and well known emulators out there.

Alucard_The_Dex

Angery Mame User
I know of them And i chose Qemumanager. But none of the 4 are on the homepage to my knowledge And infact there are 100s of legal "Roms" if you enjoy linux so why nothing about them at all?

Zach

The short answer is they are likely not the most popular..

Everyone wants consoles, and that's really what EZ started with, so that's pretty much it.. There is a section on the site somewhere with SOME PC emulators I think, but I don't know where it is cause I've never gotten them from here either.

montpics

Haven't you heard of VMware and VirtualPC? They are probably the most used and well known emulators out there.
You're forgetting VirtualBox? :)

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I still have bochs on my PSP with WIN95. LOL