Wanted: Newer versions of Cassini, please. Can you help?

TwistedWhizz

OK, so having finally got my head around how Saturn emu works, I'm wanting to play NiGHTS at a decent standard. I'm using Cassini (v1.0 I think) since my PC is simply not up to the demands of SSF. I've had some limited success when using Satourne, but it's a beta version I've used and I suspect that's why it's so buggy. So, for the time being, Cassini it is.

I understand there are newer versions, but I cannot seem to find them anywhere. Using Google etc has proved fruitless. If there is anyone here who could possibly direct me to a Version 4 and a Version 5 update download, I would be most grateful. Please by all means PM me if you feel more comfortable with that.

Another question: Is Cassini an ongoing project? I for one certainly hope so. Though it's a bit glitchy, it's the closest my PC has gotten to actually running some of my games.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Zach

Cassini is a piece of shit hack job of a copyrighted Sega emulator (as in SEGA owns the copyright) called GiriGiri. The people who released it have no talent whatsoever, and no respectable site or it's members want anything to do with it. It's likely the reason you can't find anything on "new" versions.

TwistedWhizz

Well, I'm not up on the politics of Saturn emulation I'm afraid, hence my unknowing request. My point of view was that the closest I got to actually playing any Saturn games on my PC was using Cassini/GiriGiri. My version was an older one, and I was hoping there would be newer ones.

Luckily, someone did help me out a little since posting up this request. Though unfortunately the program still isn't really up to the job of actual Saturn gameplay.

Still, eh?

I'd buy a Saturn, but really, it's a 12 year old CD based console. The only ones you'll get now are bashed, scratched and otherwise well "used" consoles, and even then, you'll be lucky if they still work.

RIP Saturn.

BigSimms

Cassini is a piece of shit hack job of a copyrighted Sega emulator (as in SEGA owns the copyright) called GiriGiri. The people who released it have no talent whatsoever, and no respectable site or it's members want anything to do with it. It's likely the reason you can't find anything on "new" versions.
Which Saturn emulator would you suggest. I would prefer one that reads isos (or any other image) rather then play from the cd's. The only reason why I ask is that I am trying to set up through my Media Portal pc. Any advice would be great.