• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

VisualBoyAdvance v1.8.0

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Since I have the feeling that the current build may finally satisfy some people, here it is, straight from the CVS code.

Changes:

Me:
- I extremely reworked Direct3D to be faster than DirectDraw, but with the disadvantage of not being able tos cale the iamge with an aspect ratio, and the iamge is always bilinear scaled, like in DIrectDraw.
- Removed Skin support (from the Visual Studio 2005 build [#define NOSKINS]) to make compilation easier.
- Fixed joypad configuration dialog, it now responds faster to key presses.
- Merged the "open file" code for GB and GBA games.
- Merged the simple copy Image routine between DirectDraw and Direct3D, added a fast C alternative
- Worked over the whole DirectSound interface and found+fixed a minor bug.
- Enabled SSE(1) optimization in compiler

Pokemonhacker: [the one and only ]
Cheats.cpp
- corrected a compatibility problem with other versions.
- fixed a bug for ARV3/4 rom patching codes.
- corrected a bug when you entered a 'unknown' code, and then removed/disabled it.

GBA.cpp / gbainline.h:
- tweaked the bus prefetch a bit.
- changed the save handling a bit.
- added a 'master code' support (so the cheats are executed only when the master code address is reached ; if no master code are entered, cheats will be executed after each frame).
- corrected the mirroring of Vram.
- changed slightly the emulation of gbasavetype.

RTC.cpp:
- vba now ignores rtc command 0x64.

FLash.cpp:
- added a 64k->128k 'auto upgrade' (could correct some of the pokemon games's corrupted/deleted save problem).

Cheats.h:
- corrected a compatibility problem with other versions.
- fixed a bug for ARV3/4 rom patching codes.

bios.cpp:
- added support for swi $d (GetBiosChecksum).
- corrected a bug in registerRamReset.

arm-new.h:
- optimised/simplified a bit the bus prefetch handling.

Some information about a native 64bit build:
I succesfully made the code compile with WIndows XP Professional x64 Edition, but Microsoft's Compiler has the disadvantage, that it does not support inline assembler in 64bit mode, so emulation was quite slow. Because of that and other reasons, I decided to not continue working on that. IMO, since VBA 32bit works very well on 64bit systems (WITH inline assembled code), I see no reason to distribute a 64bit build. But nevertheless, I will always take care, that the current code will be compilable on 64bit systems.

Recently, I tried to add a Windows waveOut interface, but it seems that it needs much more code to "stream" sound without gaps, so I think I will drop that idea. I just did it to learn something about digital sound

Now don't waste any time and get the fresh WIP:
As always, if you are missing the Direct3DX dll, just download it and copy it into the same directory as your VBA.exe.

http://forums.ngemu.com/visualboy-advance/73563-download-current-build.html