VBA problems..

minfingr

Hi all ive been using Visual Boy Advance for a while now. but now, after updating to the latest version (not right after, but a week or so after) the framerate/throttle control is messed.

it's version 1.8.0 beta 3. i set the throttle control to 'no throttle' it is waayyy too fast. if i set it to anything else it is either too slow and sputtery or too fast! at around 112% it's ok, but still spastic!

i don't want to downgrade to a previous version because a lot of games wouldn't work that well with it. i just wanna know how to set the throttle speed to normal.. ANY help would be really appreciated.. thank you...

Zach

If you set it to no throttle that means it won't attempt to stop it from going too fast. Set your throttle at 100%.

You can also try messing with the Frameskip option as well. I think I set mine to 0 before and it fixed some kind of problem with speed or smoothness or something like that.

As for it slowing down, there's nothing you can do about that. Your speed is going to be limited by the efficiency of the emulator and your CPU speed

minfingr

ive tried that and it still plays too fast or sputtery. it's not too slow, i have a dual core processor. it's just running too fast or choppy when i try to limit it. any ideas!? thanks for the help..

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
you can play around with the throttle options.

110 to 120 try it out.
enable more stuff like vsync and other Hi res Filters and increase audio frequency and quality.

those will help slow things a bit.

you also try setting cpu priority to below normal(either task manager or vba itself)

cheers
-Leerz

(ooh I wish my problem is 'games running fast' and not 'games running slow' )

:lol:

Dalsar

<---Someone who has been using VBA for two weeks: Can someone explain what throttle and some of those other features are? I'm not sure what a lot of the options are in it, and I am very interested.