URGENT HELP WITH MOUNTING ETC

gstorey

Ok well this is my problem :

I download a 1.6g file (around there) and it came in four .rar files, each containing necessary files for FFXI.. So i extracted them all..
Now, there are 4 files within each of these rars. These are:

.ccd
.cue
.img
.sub

Now when i go to mount a file,which one do i choose?if i mount both ccd and cue (since they are the ONLY ones that appear when i click MOUNT) they go into the CD rom drive (E:) .. what do i do with these?

My second problem:

I decided to click the ISO option on the emulator.. and the file that appear was FINAL FANTASY 9 CD1.img.. CD2.img etc
Now when i click these.. the game starts perfectly,the starting Movie works fine.. the first boss battle starts.. and i cant see the options to choose what to do? so i click randomly.. boss dies, and then.. i go through the game, and when i go down a certain route next to the ticket shop.. BAM the game freezes
What am i meant to do?

galace

I enjoy the classics
.ccd
.cue
.img
.sub

out of those 4 options i would either mount .cue or .img. I believe those are the ones i would normally mount. What you then do is make sure you mount them to a virtual drive and make your emulator read the virtual drive (instead of your hardware CD drive).

But i normally go to run ISO and just click one of the .img or .cue

but the reason it freezes like that could be any of number of things whether it be your plugins or the ISO itself.

wildcat84

I had a question very similar to this,glad someone posted it.

I too usually just open a .img file with ePSXe...but my question was:

Alot of times I'll download a game(and unrar the 5 or however many files it comes in) and there will be a .cue and .bin.

Which am I supposed to use in ePSXe?

phantom

It doesn't matter to the emulator whether you choose the cue file or the img/bin file, the emulator will still open the game the same (should be the same for the case of mounting images as virtual drives). The cue is more or less just a pointer to the img/bin file, with information about it's contents.

spotanjo3

Why not burn it and insert cd to the cd/dvd drive and tell epsxe to find your drive and you are ready to play.

Zach

Mounted disc images are loads faster than any hardware drive will ever be.. Plus there are sync issues to deal with.. console drives spin at a lot slower speed than CD/DVD computer drives.. Spin a computer drive slower to keep sync and you lose huge amounts of data throughput..

It has gotten better over the years, but I can still remember the earlier days of CD based console emulators, and all the slow/stuttering issues with using a physical CD