UEFA EURO 2004

Mourgos

If we get past the Czechs (that BTW have a great team this year) we won't have any serious problem to win the final.The Czechs have a far better team than Holland and Portugal.So in my opinion the real problem for us is to get past them...

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
<center>
small_517.gif
Greece 1 - 0 Chech Republic
small_367.gif

549104_b.jpg

czech_v_greece.jpg

</center>

Mourgos

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Jul 1 2004, 10:24 PM
I second that!

hahahah
ΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑ :biglaugh:

Ι hope the Portoguese have the cup ready and shiny,because we're coming and we're not done yet with them...

And once again: We have THE team,we have THE team and yes we have THE team.

Hey, Lefteris ,great picture.Post some with celebrations as well,if you have any.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
What's the difference between Chech Republic's national football team and a tea bag?

The tea bag is still in the cup!!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I went by a few forums this morning(my usual run) and it was funny to read all those comments. They just cant believe it :D

Anyway, I found that the majority of the british football fans support Greece just to get a revenge from Portugal.

Badger

As a neutral (As Scotland have possibly the one of the worst national teams in Europe at the moment and didn't qualify for the finals) I thought Greece were one of the most boring teams to watch in Euro 2004. Credit to the underdogs winning though. However the Czechs for me were the best team on show, because I think their defeat to Greece was very much against how the game went (Czech Republic should of won that game by a couple), they came out the toughest group in the tournament (with Holland and Germany), scoring more goals than any other team, and above all they played the best football through out the tournament. However, Greece kept them out for 105 minutes, and when they scored there was no time to get an equaliser.

However I thought the standard of football at Euro 2004 was pretty poor throughout, there were only a few games that stick out in the memory as being enjoyable (Czech Republic v Holland, England v Portugal, Denmark v Sweden). I just found the whole tournament a little boring, well compared to World Cup '98, Euro 2000 and World Cup '02.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Yes this was a boring Euro but let's not forget that there is an Olympic football championship in 39 says so there is much more to see :)

Badger

Olympic football is usually quite entertaining, if you manage to finish the stadiums.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you are brainwashed by those stupid British reporters.

The stadiums are all finished, the outside needs some "tweaking" though.

I wish some of the constructors responsible for the stadiums would end up in jail for messing up the whole thing by violating the pre-set timetables.

demikain

As an english guy, I am happy to see that Greece won. I don't have anything against portugal, but they got through with some good luck. Greece were obvious underdogs throughout but they managed to beat some of the best teams in the tournament through hard work. I'm glad they won instead of France or Portugal (this may be influenced by the way they both beat England... so lucky).