The 5 top reasons Desmume is better than no$gba

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
#5. Configuration
[Desmume is much easier to configure-there's almost nothing you need to configure other than controls!]

#4. Better sound
[Desmume typically has much less static, music is clearer in general, music is generally louder, etc.]

#3. Getting it to work
[Desmume=download emulator, download ROM image, decompress, run it...
No$GBA=Download BIOs (Illegal), firmware (also illegal), eNDryptS advance, Rom image, decompressor, and on and on and on, and that's just the files you need, not the actual process, and No$GBA will [B]still[/B] have problems that I don't really understand how happened]

#2. Save feature
[Desmume has both save compatibility AND a save state function-No$GBA has neither]

#1. Compatibility
[Let's face it: No$GBA was good, it's not now. Make room for Desmume-the only games I've seen it lose to No$GBA so far is the Pheonix Wright games, and since you can't save in No$GBA...yeah...
Oh, and let's not forget some people only download roms to see whether or not they like a game to see whether or not they should buy it, not to keep it on their hard drive]

Now, this is just my personal opinion, and No$GBA may win in some categories, but I would like to point out that I use these versions of the emulators, and that I mean no offense to the creator of No$GBA:
Desmume=0.5.0
No$GBA=2.3b for Windows (non-debug version)

P.S: Get desmume. (''>_>)

Last edited:

Jale

True all of them, except the #5; I wish it'd be more configurable. And you forgot you have to encrypt ROMs again in order to run them on NO$GBA.

spotanjo3

I totally do not agreed with you. You are being unfair to the authors. They both are doing a good jobs and no$gba will improvement in time. I liked them just fine. I am being fair. :)

Last edited:

montpics

Can't bring any difference if you just compare with just two emulators since both emulators can do something at the moment.

Respect the authors, as those people had done their best. :)

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Well as I said, I didn't mean any offence (offense?) to the creator of No$GBA. Also, again, this was just my personal opinion as well, and for anyone who doesn't want to go through all the trouble of testing out all the emulators, well, here's my little list. I mean, I went through a lot of effort to figure out how to finall make NO$GBA work, and then I realized that I preferred Desmume. Sorry if it seemed like I was just downing on No$GBA.

spotanjo3

That's your opinion. The desmume and no$gba are my personal favorites so I am not picky. I test them both to see how far they can go! :D

brad_yo

#3. Getting it to work
No$GBA=Download BIOs (Illegal), firmware (also illegal), eNDryptS advance, Rom image, decompressor, and on and on and on, and that's just the files you need, not the actual process, and No$GBA will [B]still[/B] have problems that I don't really understand how happened]

The GBA & DS BIOSes are only illegal to share( in public, e-mail and passworded ZIPs between peops you know personal are fine) not download and their and many public-domain( copyright-free) firmwares made by hacker trying to mod the DS, plus the Japanese which is only illegal to share in japan.

In other BIOS & firmware are not illegal no disrespect or anything but to spread remorse like that thats how people misunderstand their rights.

spotanjo3

#1. Compatibility
[Let's face it: No$GBA was good, it's not now. Make room for Desmume-the only games I've seen it lose to No$GBA so far is the Pheonix Wright games, and since you can't save in No$GBA...yeah...
Oh, and let's not forget some people only download roms to see whether or not they like a game to see whether or not they should buy it, not to keep it on their hard drive]

You are wrong. You can save in No$GBA..if you mean save state, no but emulate ds card, then yes.

HARVESTER

hey buddy if u can save in no $gba can u tell me how? the only game being saved is harvest moon ds.. i wanna save taos adventure ....

Pr1s0n_13reak

#5. Configuration
[Desmume is much easier to configure-there's almost nothing you need to configure other than controls!]

#4. Better sound
[Desmume typically has much less static, music is clearer in general, music is generally louder, etc.]

#3. Getting it to work

#2. Save feature
[Desmume has both save compatibility AND a save state function-No$GBA has neither]

#1. Compatibility

Now, this is just my personal opinion, and No$GBA may win in some categories, but I would like to point out that I use these versions of the emulators, and that I mean no offense to the creator of No$GBA:
Desmume=0.5.0
No$GBA=2.3b for Windows (non-debug version)

P.S: Get desmume. (''>_>)

Doesnt No$GBA run faster though?

Anyway how do you decompress files for Desume (sorry first time using it, I will post back and tell you if its better or not) ;)

scattaman

The Jamaican prodigy
Funny.... i don't have most of the problems you listed above... when i tested FF III DS, NO$GBA was the best out of all of them.... i did not even need the deencrypt or encrypt or whatever the heck you're talking about. and given the fact that NO$GBA was a GBA emulator to start with shows you how superior they were for a long time. it's only now that the other emulators are catching up...but that's not the point...the point is that these guys are working their ass off to give us an emulator that works so before you start ragging, how about given everyone of them some respect 1st??? don't start off by insulting the guys.....jerk....:fuckyou:

spotanjo3

Umm.. It is getting old. The no$gba version is 2.4a right now. This guy is insult the author of no$gba and I think desmume author do not like you insulting any authors as well. GROW UP. I use 3 emulators of them -- iDeaS, desmume, and no$gba and all are doing a good jobs. I personally like no$gba a lots, thought. :)

P.S. Just disabled the gbabios in Options and you are able to run decrypted roms without a problem

Last edited:

Zach

The GBA & DS BIOSes are only illegal to share( in public, e-mail and passworded ZIPs between peops you know personal are fine) not download and their and many public-domain( copyright-free) firmwares made by hacker trying to mod the DS, plus the Japanese which is only illegal to share in japan.

In other BIOS & firmware are not illegal no disrespect or anything but to spread remorse like that thats how people misunderstand their rights.

You'll have to back that up with some kind of legal documentation.. Otherwise you are wayyyyyy off base concerning these issues. You don't believe in the "24 hour rule" too do you?

Public Domain is one thing. But BIOS files and game ROMS contain copyrighted data. Period.

gamefreak98

I have to disagree with this post. I find no$gba to be a lot better than Desmume. No offense to the authors or users, its just my opinion.

Last edited:

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
:dry:
At the time of the posting (January, 2007), everything I wrote was completely correct. At least for me anyway. I'm not entirely certain why this was dug up, but I feel the need to post this simply for clarity now. My word! And RockmanForte...

Well as I said, I didn't mean any offence (offense?) to the creator of No$GBA. Also, again, this was just my personal opinion as well, and for anyone who doesn't want to go through all the trouble of testing out all the emulators, well, here's my little list. I mean, I went through a lot of effort to figure out how to finall make NO$GBA work, and then I realized that I preferred Desmume. Sorry if it seemed like I was just downing on No$GBA.
The last time you replied to this thread, it seemed you understood me.
Perhaps not after all. :dry:

Anyway, I don't have the same opinion now (half a year later, naturally things change!) as it seems desmume isn't as good as it used to be (at least for the Roms I test it with) and No$gba improved (I don't think you even need enDryptS now, right?). Go figure. :confused:
Then there was iDeaS coming back which confused me (thought it was discontinued) and many other things that occurred. Anyway, please, don't dig up old threads HARVESTER, especially when you're a bit off-topic too. Anyway, to try and answer your question...I have no idea. I can save in many games but specifically not Harvest Moon DS. Huh... :confused: Sorry, but I probably can't help you, try starting a new thread instead. :eek:

:EDIT:
5 months isn't half a year dumb*ss

Last edited: