suitable machine to build a dedicated arcade cabinet

KunjogLinigharl

I am searching for a suitable machine to build a dedicated arcade cabinet specifically for 80s-90s games. If the machine is capable of playing a few selected Steam games such as Castle Crashers, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and TMNT Shredder's Revenge, without requiring a significant investment, that would be ideal.

I am wondering if a budget of around $300 would suffice, or if I should consider investing in a more powerful machine?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Money is not really a good factor to judge this. First you need to check what specifications/requirements those steam games have.

But as for the 80/90s part, if it can run those steam games, then those should run fine as well.

CarmosKarrvx

To ensure that your arcade cabinet can handle these games, you may want to consider investing in a machine with a more powerful processor, dedicated graphics card, and ample RAM. This may increase the cost of your build, but it will ensure that you can play all of the games you want without any issues. Be sure to do your research and choose components that are compatible with each other and suit your needs. Good luck with your build!