Spiderman 3 For PC, What The Heck?!

Jale

I don't know if I'm feeling angry or disappointed, but... this is ridiculous! I was about to get Spiderman 3 for the PC, but before that I had to check the system requirements. I'm still in shock:

Minimum System Requirements:

• 2.8 GHz processor.
  • 1 GB of system RAM.
  • Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
  • 256 MB DirectX 9.0c video card.
  • 6 GB of hard disc space
Recommended System Requirements:

• 3.4 GHz processor.
  • 1.5 GB of system RAM.
  • Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
  • Radeon X1800/GeForce 7800 GT video card.
  • 6 GB of hard disc space.

Elements in GREEN are the specs I meet.
Elements in RED are the specs I don't meet.

So I want to understand something. What's so special about this game? :mad:

Zach

Graphics probably. This is life on the PC, games push hardware to the limit until newer faster stuff comes along. Unusually high? Yeah, but not abnormal in the industry.

It's also the price you pay for PC's being so configurable and programming deadlines, etc.. No one practices "great" coding, they just want to get it out as quick as possible, get paid, and patch it later. End up with usually bloated code and bugs galore.

Consoles will always have a distinct advantage, being fixed platforms with the exact same hardware in every box. They can be optimized and pushed to the limits very easily.

As long as you have the disk space, it should run anyway. Can always turn down settings, etc.

Last edited:
I tried to run this game in my Old PC.. it didn't run in a decent speed... so i think games today need a high end hardware and machines.. the recommended system requirement today will be tomorrows minimum system requirements..but i will keep this game for the future needs :)

Jale

The problem is that I'm more of a PC gamer than a console gamer. Last console I had was a PlayStation PsOne.

Zach

Well I wouldn't worry about it too much. I run the same hardware for years on end before upgrading in some cases, and I can still play a lot of "new" games down the road with satisfactory results.

mhl12

newer pc games generally have a higher and higher system requirement. Look at others such supreme commander and such. Even with the recommended specs, many can't play it on full visual effects.