Rumble arena rom trouble

Caboose077

I'm after downloading two roms (Both digimon rumble arena) from different websites and i know they were from different sources altogether. I downloading the second because the first wouldn't work. Both go to the bandai logo than to a blank screen. Maybe i'm being impatient and not waiting long enough but, if not...anybody know what the problem is?

Mystic

Banned
Your biggest problem is you're downloading games, don't be a leach.:fuckyou:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Emulating =/= pirating. So yea, it was necessary.

In all fairness, you don't know why he downloaded it. COuld be he don't want to go through the hassle of making a back-up himself, or there could be something wrong with his original. point is you don't know so you shouldn't point fingers!

Mystic

Banned
90% of people who say they downloaded something don't have the original. I'm just playing the odds.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
90% of people who say they downloaded something don't have the original. I'm just playing the odds.

No offense, but why did you join a forum that handles emulation, somthing which is almost impossible without downloading ROMs?
Or do you only play your originals and games you dumped/ripped from your own originals?

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I play just my originals. That's how you're supposed to do it.

According to who? Part of me using emulators is so I don't have to use my precious originals! And how do you suggest one play a Genesis game or NES game if they don't have the console?

BTW, playing on the odds is no excuse to accuse people. Only proof is.

Mystic

Banned
According to who?

The Forum Rules.

Part of me using emulators is so I don't have to use my precious originals!

That's why you dump your originals, and leave your discs in their cases.

And how do you suggest one play a Genesis game or NES game if they don't have the console?

Ebay.com

BTW, playing on the odds is no excuse to accuse people. Only proof is.

The cops hear of a murderer running down a road, they drive for miles on that same road and only see 1 man. They have no description. The only thing they have to go on is that he's the only man on that road, and he's running. Odds are he's the murderer. Do they let him go because they don't have solid proof it's him?

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
The Forum Rules.

Forum rules don't state that I must play my originals. Forum rules are for what I can and cannot do on the forum!

That's why you dump your originals, and leave your discs in their cases.

Or I use someone else's dump. Hence - I download!

Newsflash, I don't have to buy new hardware to play my old games. It's ridiculous, and you certainly have no authority or place to demand that one should.
And another thing, it's ok to play on emulators when it is discbased systems and not cartridge based? You're starting to sound like a rambling fool here.

The cops hear of a murderer running down a road, they drive for miles on that same road and only see 1 man. They have no description. The only thing they have to go on is that he's the only man on that road, and he's running. Odds are he's the murderer. Do they let him go because they don't have solid proof it's him?

What are you talking about???:confused: You are no cop! You don't have the right to accuse people and make judgement on them! Where the hell do you come from to think that you can??? :fuckyou:

Sorry for the harsh tone and language, but in a civilized society you don't go around accusing people based on anything other than evidence!

Mystic

Banned
Not once did I say you shouldn't use an emulator. Maybe you should learn to read before you respond.

Forum rules say support with not be provided for people using illegal downloads. Downloading if you have the original is one thing. Downloading a game you don't own is completely different.

I can accuse who ever the fuck I want, that's my right.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Not once did I say you shouldn't use an emulator. Maybe you should learn to read before you respond.

You're the one not reading (or maybe not understanding).

ME: "And how do you suggest one play a Genesis game or NES game if they don't have the console?"

YOU: "Ebay.com"

MEANING: Don't use emulator - go buy it on Ebay! There's no other way I could interprete that!

Forum rules say support with not be provided for people using illegal downloads. Downloading if you have the original is one thing. Downloading a game you don't own is completely different.

That was not the forum rules we were talking about. This is what has been said regarding forum rules until now:

YOU: "I play just my originals. That's how you're supposed to do it."

ME: "According to who?"

YOU: "The Forum Rules."

Obviously another false statement from you.

Now, regarding the rules you talk about above, some other forums have that ridiculous rule about "no support if you have pirated game". I don't see it on this forum though. There's nothing in the rules about that as far as I can see. (But maybe I missed something?) The only thing that comes even close is from the Forum Etiquette:
"DON’T ASK FOR ROMS!
Now, that's something completely different.

But again, if you can show me something I missed noone will be happier than me.

I can accuse who ever the fuck I want, that's my right.

Well, good luck in the world with that attitude. I stand by my previous statement: "in a civilized society you don't go around accusing people based on anything other than evidence!"

Your biggest problem is you're downloading games, don't be a leach. :fuckyou:

You can do what you want at home. The statement above is something that not only comes close to breaking forum rules, it's disrespectful toward a fellow forumite and human being.

Last edited:

Mystic

Banned
You're incredibly thick headed.

Yea, go buy a console at Ebay. Having the console in your possession allows for legal use of the emu.

When I said "originals" I meant games that I own that I dumped myself.

No forum supports pirating, that's common knowledge. Maybe where you're from you never learned the difference from right and wrong. I guess your parents didn't do a good job of raising you if you think it's okay to steal games.

The only way my "fellow forumite and human beings" are going to learn to not be retarded, is if someone comes out and say "You're a fucking retarded leech".
Tough love works every time.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Having the console in your possession allows for legal use of the emu.

Emulators are always legal, whether you own the console or not. This of course excludes emulators which come with a BIOS, which are illegal.
The legality of ROMs is a long discussion, but IIRC it s even OK to download a ROM when you own the original. So you don't have to dump it yourself.
Tell that to Nintendo, they clearly forbid any kind of backup.

js0823

Forum can't stop you from pirating, all you need to do is don't say you are pirating in the first place because the forum doesn't support illegal activities no matter how much you try to argue that 99% of the people coming here is pirating.
Emulator is not part of any company, it's just an emulator and developer says it's legal to freely download therefore it's legal. Any licensed materials, such as BIOS, is illegal to download. That's just the way things are my friend.