Rouge Squadron??

Marstery

Alright I downloaded a rom of it, and none of them seem to work.
They go into the uhh...copyright information I guess you would call it, but it's all like flashy (The text goes from black to white rapidly..) then it just stops trying to load.
I've tried two from the file I've downloaded, all with [!] on them.
Can anyone give me a good dl and or a way to fix this?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Game doesn't work with PJ64 1.6 or 1964. I think people have had some success getting it running with PJ64 1.7 but you have to pay (donate) to PJ64 for that.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Rouge Squadron is some what emulatable in pj64 using jabos plugins. The game will certainly be flashy but does play. If you cant get it to work state what your using, computer specs, and settings.

I'm not 100% sure what FatTrucker means by not playable, but I have played the game with 1.6. I forget what set up I used. Yes its flashy, and can be glitchy but I was abel to play it.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You can physically make it display on the screen with 1.6 and the right Plug-in settings but its bugged to f**k and runs like a Dog. I consider playable to mean the game actually looks and plays as it should which you get nowhere near to in 1.6.

Just sets yourself up for loads of support requests from frustrated users trying to get a decent result when its not possible. ;)

Zach

Dude. Forget the console version. Go get yourself a copy of Rogue Squadron 3D for the PC (I assume this is what you're talking about)

It looks and sounds better, and can be played in high resolutions. I ocassionally install it from time to time to play through it. The Music is top notch of course.

I'm not sure if it is Vista friendly or not, but I'm pretty sure I've messed with it on XP. But there is probably a guide or two out there for getting it to run on the newer Windows versions anyway