R4ds help

wraithalchemist

im about to order it and im only wondering if can it play nds,gba roms? and were can i find working emulators of old games like nes,snes,genesis for the R4?

ZeldaFan#1

I'm about to order one of these too, I see alot of good things about them. They seem really easy to use. It seems they play 99% of ROMs too.

I hope it's worth the money, I'll order it tomorrow.

One thing though, because it's a SLOT-1 device, we can't play GBA games using it (I think).

P.S Wi-Fi works on the ROMs with these R4 cards, right?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I'm about to order one of these too, I see alot of good things about them. They seem really easy to use. It seems they play 99% of ROMs too.

I hope it's worth the money, I'll order it tomorrow.

One thing though, because it's a SLOT-1 device, we can't play GBA games using it (I think).

P.S Wi-Fi works on the ROMs with these R4 cards, right?

+ Same size as original cartridges
+ Games compatibility
+ Wi-Fi compatibility
+ USB MicroSD Card Reader
+ Easy to setup and use
+ DS cartridge holder keychain
+ Save game converter tool
+ Developers are constantly releasing updates

Final Score: 9 out of 10

You should. It is the best!

You mean Wi-Fi works on the ROMS like Download Play ? Yes.

Look:

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list

Be warn that the blue screen was previously test and the latest update might work and if you want to test the blue screen then you can change it there by register. :)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

That's wi-fi things.

Blue screen mean have a problem with this game and that. Read it there and it will explain to you what blue screen meant. :)

ZeldaFan#1

Ahh, now I see what you mean about the Blue screen thing. It's cool how some of them might work with updates now, because there isn't many Blue screen games there to be honest :) so there sure is alot of compatibility with the R4's.

One last thing, is 'Download play' different that going online with your DS and racing someone on Diddy Kong Racing DS (example)? Are they both different things or is that what Download play is?

Thanks for this info ;)

spotanjo3

Ahh, now I see what you mean about the Blue screen thing. It's cool how some of them might work with updates now, because there isn't many Blue screen games there to be honest :) so there sure is alot of compatibility with the R4's.

One last thing, is 'Download play' different that going online with your DS and racing someone on Diddy Kong Racing DS (example)? Are they both different things or is that what Download play is?

Thanks for this info ;)

Yeah, amazing.. Isn't it ? :)

That is what Download play is for. :)

You are very welcome, man! :D

ZeldaFan#1

I figured I would be able play against others online using an R4DS, but while browsing the net I came across this:

http://martinaquino.wordpress.com/2...olution-for-ds-tutorial-on-how-to-use-the-r4/

If you look at reply '99' one guy says: ''yes you have to buy original games to connect to nintendo’s servers to play games like pokemon, metroid, animal crossing, MarioKart etc. Buy ORIGINAL games for play on the net, it’s worth it.''

So that made me think I can't play online with ROM's using an R4DS, but other places I read make it seem like I can play my ROM's online using an R4DS. Mario Kart DS is one of the games for example.

Basically, is there a solid answer anywhere which CLEARLY states whether I can play Mario Kart DS and such games online against others using an R4 and the ROM.

I know I've said it already, but seriously thank you for all your help so far :)

spotanjo3

I figured I would be able play against others online using an R4DS, but while browsing the net I came across this:

http://martinaquino.wordpress.com/2...olution-for-ds-tutorial-on-how-to-use-the-r4/

If you look at reply '99' one guy says: ''yes you have to buy original games to connect to nintendo’s servers to play games like pokemon, metroid, animal crossing, MarioKart etc. Buy ORIGINAL games for play on the net, it’s worth it.''

So that made me think I can't play online with ROM's using an R4DS, but other places I read make it seem like I can play my ROM's online using an R4DS. Mario Kart DS is one of the games for example.

Basically, is there a solid answer anywhere which CLEARLY states whether I can play Mario Kart DS and such games online against others using an R4 and the ROM.

I know I've said it already, but seriously thank you for all your help so far :)

Are you going to buy it ? :)

You are welcome... Again! :D

ZeldaFan#1

Am I going to buy the R4? I certainly am, I just want to find out if I can go online with ROM's like Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart using an R4DS. Everywhere I check seems to give different answers :( some places say you need the original, some places don't. So I'm a bit confused atm.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Am I going to buy the R4? I certainly am, I just want to find out if I can go online with ROM's like Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart using an R4DS. Everywhere I check seems to give different answers :( some places say you need the original, some places don't. So I'm a bit confused atm.

I think you can and do not need the original. I remembered but you can try this link I am going to send you by pm.

ZeldaFan#1

Great website Rockman. So it seems it should work, I guess we'll soon see anyway, I'll be ordering it today.

Thank you man! (hmmm, is that the 3rd time now? :p)

ZeldaFan#1

This might be a stupid question, but could someone explain to me what exactly Single-Card Multiplayer is and what Multi-Card Play is?

Thanks... :D

spotanjo3

This might be a stupid question, but could someone explain to me what exactly Single-Card Multiplayer is and what Multi-Card Play is?

Thanks... :D

Okay.... No, that's not stupid question. :)

Here (Found that information from Nintend of America's site):

Single-Card Download Play ----> Bomberman DS is one of many games on the Nintendo DS which allows a player without a copy of the game to participate. Players are able to temporarily download a full copy of the multiplayer game from someone who has the game.

Multi-Card Download Play ----> The DS Multi-Card icon is featured on multiplayer games that require each Nintendo DS to have a copy of the game.

I am not into Download Play so I do not care about it. I like to play on my own expect Soccer for my friends's sake. I am not into it either but for their fun I would willing to use Download Play just for that. :D

Last edited:

ZeldaFan#1

That's great info, I understand everything perfectly now, and I know this is getting out of hand now but here I go again:

Thanks man ;) you've been an excellent help.

spotanjo3

You are very welcome. I love to help people like you and I like people like you who are friendly and flexible and down to earth like me! I hope! :D

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I have bought a R4DS last week. It's working great. I didn't buy it to play NDS games, I still have enough originals to finish. I'm using it to verify and dump GBA carts ;)